[For Sale] - 1975 Albin 25 $12k, Cincinnati, OH

Selling your Albin? List it here. Doing upgrades and want to share your usable stuff? Looking for a good deal? (no commercial listings please)

Moderator: Nancy

Forum rules
Links to external personal sites and photo hosting sites are allowed. Links to dealers, brokers, eBay, etc., will be edited/removed by the moderators.
We strongly encourage you post pictures and details directly within your ad.
Reckman
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Home Port: Cincinnati, Ohio

Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:16 pm

IMG_20190315_180155.jpg
Listed on Boat Trader, please see 80 pictures there.

Thanks for looking, please let me know if you have any questions. The boat is in long term storage outside. Easy to show on the trailer, but sea trials and surveys are going to be hard in Cincinnati.

Great little boat, I have done tons of work to her in the last 6 months getting her ready to take to the Bahamas. Durability, reliability, and longevity all took precidence of look and form, so some of the work doesn't look the best

Asking $13,000. I think its more than fair considering I paid $8,000 for the boat last year and $8,500 for the trailer. Lots of upgrades as well.

Engine - Universal Atomic 5424 (Marinized Kubuto M30) - Great little engine, runs great. Cheap/easy to find replacement parts due to this model being used in tractors. 24HP. Burns around 3/4 gallon/hr. Some spare parts included with the boat. Extra Starter included. All Fluids and Glo-Plugs changed (2018). Racor Fuel Filter, Grocco Fresh Water Strainer.
Electrical System - 3 Batteries setup in two banks, 2-1-All Selector, 300A guses and shutoff switches on each battery (2018), Noico Genius 3 Battery Charger - 12x3=36 Amp Total (2018), 120v to Charger only, Complete Rewire (2018)
Navigation - OpenCPN GPS Setup - 12v Computer with 12" Panasonic CF-VDL02BM Daylight Touchscreen, Integrated GPS and AIS Receiver - Its probably a little techie for most people, I went with it for the low cost and available features, maps are also very easy to find for free. As a backup I used a handheld Garmin. We made it through the Bahamas for two weeks with no trouble.
Communication - Redone in 2018, New Standard Horizon GX1700W - Integrated GPS in unit for DSC, New 8' Fiberglass Antenna, Powered AIS/VHF Splitter for AIS receiving
Fresh Water System - 20 Gallon Tank Plastic Tank hooked to Pedal @ Sink, Fill @ front of boat
Black Water System - 20 Gallon Tank (2016), New Macerator and Above Water Line Thru-hull(2018), Y-Valve (2018), Pump-out Port on Deck
Ground Tackle - 35lb Manson Boss Anchor (2018) - I stored it in the forward cabin, 20' Galvanized Chain (2018), Braid Nylon Anchor Line - 1/2" x 150' (2018), Backup Fortress Anchor, Backup Chain and Rode
Aft Cabin - Foam Matresses (2018), 12v Fans (2018), 12v Port
Trailer - New Quality Trailer 2018, Loadmaster, Paid $8500, Galvanized with 5 year Warranty on Galvinzing, Stainless Hardware, Best trailer I have seen for an Albin, Sorry I did get paint on it when bottom painting
Exterior - New Cleats, Bottom Paint (2018), Canvas could use some work on the zippers, otherwise fabric in good condition, Upper Bimini not shown
Defects - Not trying to hide anything, I tried to show lots of pictures of issues with the boat. I have done alot of work on it myself, I was focused on function over form.
• Lots of poor paint work, drips ect. A light sand and a coat of paint would have the boat looking very good.
• Wax/buffing compound has blemished the bottom paint in some spots.
• Some issues with the window seals, they are original to the boat. From what I have read online it is a fairly easy fix with glue and a needle.
• The very Front and very rear cabin windows are damaged, see picture. They are smooth on both sides but on plexiglass has lines in it, I assume its from sun and age.
• Engine Mounts need to be reworked
• Flag Pole needs to be reworked
• Some rusted fasteners
• Canvas zippers are coming loose
• Aft Cabin Door Removed (we didnt use it, still have it easy enough to reinstall)
• Rub Rail in mediocre condition, center section was too brittle to reinstall
• Deep Bilge, boat needs a bilge for the keel, the area not bilged is about 2" Wide 15" Long and 8" Deep
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Reckman on Wed May 01, 2019 4:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

keoki62
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rockport tx

Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:18 pm

I can't get pics to load on boat trader. Sends me to a search when I click on your ad

Seabear
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Home Port: Cape Elizabeth, Maine

Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:45 pm

Please send info or specifics, as we cannot find it on Boat Trader. Thank you!!
Bob abs Jacqueline Clark
207-400-6639
Seabear31@gmail.com

Reckman
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Wed May 01, 2019 4:24 am

Lowering price

Cupcake
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Bayfield,WI

Tue May 28, 2019 12:22 pm

Hi,

Is your boat still for sale?

Paul
608.632 1911

Reckman
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:09 pm

At the moment the boat is still for sale.

Woodworker
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Davenport Iowa

Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:03 pm

Was wondering if the boat is still for sale
Thanks

Return to “Swap / Trade / Sell”

• Information