• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28TE Transom Thickness

carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

28TE Transom Thickness

Post by carolmarie »

Does anyone know the thickness of the 28TE (2001 vintage) transom? I’m planning to mount a grill bracket there and would like to avoid a backing plate, if possible.
Thanks, Don.
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Re: 28TE Transom Thickness

Post by Norseman »

carolmarie wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:27 am Does anyone know the thickness of the 28TE (2001 vintage) transom? I’m planning to mount a grill bracket there and would like to avoid a backing plate, if possible.
Thanks, Don.
I had a rod holder on the transom and mounted my grill on it.
Not sure if the rod holder was installed at the factory or not, also a 2001.
IMG_6863.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
REBMystic
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by REBMystic »

Norseman wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:58 pm
carolmarie wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:27 am Does anyone know the thickness of the 28TE (2001 vintage) transom? I’m planning to mount a grill bracket there and would like to avoid a backing plate, if possible.
Thanks, Don.
I had a rod holder on the transom and mounted my grill on it.
Not sure if the rod holder was installed at the factory or not, also a 2001.IMG_6863.png
this is exactly what I have on my 31TE. Rod holder for the Magnum grill. Works just fine.
- Rob
2001 Albin 31 TE
"Time On The Pond"
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

It’s about 1/2” thick. Nowhere near as thick as you’d think it should be but then my last two boats have had stern drives so were always going to be thicker.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

IMG_0320.png
IMG_4500.jpeg
If you are referring to the top of the transom I added the two rod holders in the photo. The core is 1-1/8” thick. Access to the underside was in the fish box and behind the transom shower.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

Post by carolmarie »

Thank you all for your quick responses. I am currently using a rod holder bracket and am now exploring a Magma slide mount bracket that would attach to the transom on the starboard side, below the rub rail. It’s Magma’s T10-345 mount. It would allow grill rotation and leveling so we could use it from the swim platform or rotated 180 degrees to cook from the cockpit.
The support is very robust and attachment to the transom/hull needs to be very secure to handle the grill weight especially when not in use and underway.
I was hoping to not have to provide a backing plate but looks like I may have too.
Don.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”