• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Installing oil seal and o-rings in a Side Power bow thruster

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Chuckatuck Ray
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Naval Sailing Center, Norfolk, Va.

Installing oil seal and o-rings in a Side Power bow thruster

Post by Chuckatuck Ray »

Has anyone in this group replaced the top oil seal, Part No. 4 2350 on a side-power bow thruster? My unit is leaking a small amount of oil from the base of the motor bracket and I believe I may need to replace the oil seal and possibly the O-rings in order to stop the leak. The representative at IMTRA said he thought I could replace the oil seal with the boat in the water. I would like to confirm this opinion before I try it. I did remove the motor and take a look but I could not see the oil seal on the shaft. It is evidently too low to see and would probably require a small sharp object to pull the old one out.
Thanks, Ray
Mrodenhiser
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Mahone Bay

Re: Installing oil seal and o-rings in a Side Power bow thruster

Post by Mrodenhiser »

I have same issue. Did you ever find a resolution to the problem?

Return to “Albin Maintenance”