• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 in Alexandria VA

Albin's "power cruisers"
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

A25 in Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Here are some pix of a sweet A25 at the dock in Alexandria VA. I was docking Mazboot with no reverse and Dan took a line. He came on board to see what the extra 2 feet means, and then went off for dinner with his wife while I prepped for the mechanic to come onboard to confirm what i thought the problem was - Morse gear had finally given up the ghost. A new one arrives via UPS on MOnday.

Anyway, thanks for the help,Dan, hope The Fish Market or Landini Bros. lived up to my recommendation. Enjoy the pix

Doug
IMG_1355.jpg
IMG_1353.jpg
IMG_1354.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
graTis
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Potomac River

Re: A25 in Alexandria VA

Post by graTis »

Hey Doug, I hope all is well. I finally made it to the AOG group and saw your pix (I’ve been hanging around on the FB page.) I had a lovely cruise on the Potomac in October in large part because of running into you and hearing about your mechanic. Great guy. Also super proud of my ”safe boater” sticker. Hopefully April will see me back on the water and looking to cruise either the Chesapeake or take her over to the Ohio and do a longer trip there. looking forward to seeing you again.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DCatSea »

Hi Dan
So glad that you made it safely back to San Diego and that your first Potomac Cruise worked out so well. Also, glad that Chip worked out for you. We eventually fixed my little gear shift issue by purchasing, through eBay via the OEM in Italy, a new Ultraflex combination throttle/FNR control. This arrived in 4 days via DHL. was installed with 2 new cables, and now I have better control than ever before. Don't have to fight her into the slip going astern anymore. Mazboot is pacified when going backwards.
Don't forget to let me know when you're back at Hope Springs - we can convoy. I have a spare AOG burgee.
Have a safe and happy Xmas.
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Interesting non-standard version of an A25, small rectangular port holes instead of the usual cabin windows. Did the owner mention if that was as built from factory or someone modified it? If the latter it would have been quite a job.

Merry Christmas all & Happy 2024 New Year.

0624150936 (2).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DCatSea »

I think Dan said the PO did the mod. It's a very nice job.
Dan, am I correct?
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”