• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28 TE Cockpit Enclosure

Buddy28TE
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Hartge Yacht Harbor

28 TE Cockpit Enclosure

Post by Buddy28TE »

Greetings AOG,

JB installed a boca shade on my boat (I bought his boat) and while I really like it, I really want to have a full enclosure. Honestly, I love the Alaskan doors as well but you cannot have everything. Anyhow, I am wondering if anyone has one for sell or worked with a contractor that has all the measurements that I could potentially work with. Heck if someone had one, I might be willing to trade the boca shade for the cockpit bimini. JB, don't be mad :wink:
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Re: 28 TE Cockpit Enclosure

Post by Jkraft »

Ha! I won’t be mad. It’s your boat! I can see the appeal of the enclosure you would like. Fin Chaser was at the rendezvous and does have a full set for their 28. Your best bet is to get someone to custom fabricate it.
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
Fin Chaser
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Chester, MD

Post by Fin Chaser »

Here is what ours looks like.
Very nice to get so much extra “cabin” space when it’s up….
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Fin Chaser
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
AlbinOhhh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Arizona (not much water here)

Post by AlbinOhhh »

I figure this is as good a thread as any to ask what you call the enclosure below, where do you buy one, and roughly what do they cost. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
:!: Looking for my mid-life crisis in my 60’s…
Ben423
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Two Harbors

Post by Ben423 »

I recently replaced the one on my boat. Cadet gray sunbrella, Strataglass windows with covers. $600 installed.
AlbinOhhh
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by AlbinOhhh »

Ben423 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:42 pm I recently replaced the one on my boat. Cadet gray sunbrella, Strataglass windows with covers. $600 installed.
From where did you order it?
Ben423
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Two Harbors

Post by Ben423 »

BT Canvas in Huntington Beach. She also built our bimini top and window covers. Good quality, reasonable prices. These are not off-the-shelf items. Each one is custom made.
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

AlbinOhhh, the photo you posted shows drop curtains.

As for your mid-60's mid-life crisis, when my dad was in his early 80's, he got a new car - a Mini. Called it his end-of-life crisis car. 🤣 Just to put this in perspective, he continued sailing, often single-handed, until three weeks before he died at 90.

Ben, you got an amazing deal! I don't think you could touch that here for less than $1500.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
AlbinOhhh
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by AlbinOhhh »

Nancy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:57 pm AlbinOhhh, the photo you posted shows drop curtains.

As for your mid-60's mid-life crisis, when my dad was in his early 80's, he got a new car - a Mini. Called it his end-of-life crisis car. 🤣 Just to put this in perspective, he continued sailing, often single-handed, until three weeks before he died at 90.

Ben, you got an amazing deal! I don't think you could touch that here for less than $1500.
Well, never had one. Always wanted to go sailing but my body is just too beat up for that. Live in AZ but still love being on it around water.

Then I randomly ran into The Great Loop on YouTube and decided it was seriously time for an adventure. If I didn’t have my big old dog (11.5 yrs old) my adventure would be by motorcycle. However he loves to ride around in my pickup and I’m quite sure he’ll like lounging on the boat as we putter along.

Beyond all that, I’ve traveled pretty much all of the western US, but have spent very little time along the east coast or traveling the Midwest. Plenty of new stuff to be seen!

Finally, when you look at the cost of a cruise, spending months on end on my own boat at my own pace is an absolute bargain.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”