• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Prop and shaft worth

Albin's "power cruisers"
jerridsc
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Blanchardville, WI.

Prop and shaft worth

Post by jerridsc »

I have a prop and shaft from a 1973 Albin 25 deluxe. Since Ive converted my boat to outboard power, this Albin will never be going back. Wondering what an originalist might pay for one or both of these items.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Prop and shaft worth

Post by WillieC »

You've been busy! Have you posted any pics of your conversion? I love seeing new life pumped into these old boats
jerridsc
First Mate
First Mate

Post by jerridsc »

Boat is in storage for winter. Here is an older picture during repower and other improvements. Had it out on lake mendota near madison Wisconsin a couple of times this summer. All systems go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rockland, Maine

Post by Dieselram94 »

Did you make that swim deck?
jerridsc
First Mate
First Mate

Post by jerridsc »

Yes, I made the swim deck. I used foundation grade treated 2x6’s, lap joined, construction adhesive, all stainless steel screwed in addition. I covered all with strips of pvc decking for appearance and comfort. The beefy stainless steel supports I had my local fabricator make to my specs. Very sturdy. All in @ $250.00.
JimboC
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Lake Lanier, Georgia

Post by JimboC »

So what’s your review with the change? What size outboard? Any significant performance/handling differences? I assume you left the old block in for ballast . . .
jerridsc
First Mate
First Mate

Post by jerridsc »

I removed the old block from the engine bay, replaced it with 4 six volt deep cycle house batteries, added another 15 gallons of fuel in the space created. Also a 400 watt solar panel on roof to compliment the house batteries. I started out with a 25hp bigfoot 4 stroke, carbureted Merc. While I got good speed with that, I felt that once the boat was loaded down, it would not have enough reserve power in difficult situations. Thinking perhaps 15 more hp (40) would be enough, I found that a 40, a 50 and a 60 all weigh the same, (me being concerned about weight back there) . I found a good deal on a low hour, 4 stroke, fuel injected 60 hp merc, as fuel efficient and clean as an outboard can be and I have a big flat, roomy floor now in the pilot house. Performance has been very good during the few time’s I’ve had her out on the water. Handling is fine as far as I can tell. I’ve added 140 pounds of ballast in the bow section to help trim. My boat came with no engine at all, just what I was looking for. Thank you for your interest.
jerridsc
First Mate
First Mate

Post by jerridsc »

Actually, I didn’t have to remove the old block from the engine bay as the boat came without engine as mentioned earlier.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”