• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2001 28 TE Engine Box Yanmar 1496 Hours ***SOLD***

Selling your Albin? List it here. Doing upgrades and want to share your usable stuff? Looking for a good deal? No commercial listings please.

Moderator: Nancy

Forum rules
Links to external personal sites and photo hosting sites are allowed. Links to dealers, brokers, eBay, etc., will be edited/removed by the moderators.
We strongly encourage you post pictures and details directly within your ad.
Cdavidson
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Jacksonville, FL

2001 28 TE Engine Box Yanmar 1496 Hours ***SOLD***

Post by Cdavidson »

01/31 Update
SOLD

11/17 Updates
Price Drop to 64k
Added Upgrade / Parts list

Hi all, today is a sad day for me because I found out that my job is requiring me to relocate from Florida to Seattle! Unfortunately, there is no way I can justify the cost of transporting my 28 TE to the other side of the country and I won't be traveling home enough to justify keeping it either.

I bought this boat from Norseman about a year ago and he did an amazing job at detailing all the work he did, please review here: https://www.albinowners.net/aog/viewtop ... =5&t=10612

When I bought this boat I looked for several years before I pulled the trigger, I saw a lot of 28s in various different conditions but this was one of only 2 that I found that was this well maintained. This boat is 100% turnkey and has excellent maintenance history / records.

Info:
2001 Albin TE Engine Box Model
6LP-STE 300HP 1496 Hours
2022 Survey Available
Available Oil analysis results for the past 5 years
All lighting replace with LEDs
Garmin 1040xs plotter (2017) + B60 ThruHull Transducer (2022)
New Baitwell Pump / Plumbing 2023
New Bilge Pumps 2023
New Airmar-B60 2023 (Holds bottom and all speeds)
Autopilot Refurbished 2022
New SS Stove 2022
New Exhaust Hose 2022
New Floscan Dampener 2022
New Raw Water Pump 2022 + Spare
New Cooling Water Sensor 2021
New Raritan Elegance Head, Plumbing, Macerator and Tank 2021
New Portholes (all replaced) 2021
New Batteries 2021 (Start and House, I can stay out for a week without a need to crank the engine)
New Seastar Hydraulic Steering System 2021
New SS Thru-Hulls 2021
New A/C Quick Service Flush 2021
New Battery Combiner + Cables 2021
New Isotherm Stainless Fridge
New Engine Vents 2020
New Fusion Radio 2020
New 4 Blade Prop 2020
New Seadek Flooring 2020
Descaling 2020
New trans hoses 2020
New Spotlight 2020
New New SS riser, new clamps, new heat shield, new hose + Spare
New Faruno Navtex 2019
New 100W Solar Panel 2019
New Sump Pump for dry bilge 2018
New Steering Wheel 2018
New Throttle Control 2017

Please reach out if you have any questions, thanks!
Chris Davidson
chris_davidson83@yahoo.com
904-868-9000
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Last edited by Cdavidson on Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:55 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Cdavidson
Mate
Mate

Re: 2001 28 TE Engine Box Yanmar 1496 Hours For Sale 79k

Post by Cdavidson »

Additional Photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Cdavidson
Mate
Mate

Post by Cdavidson »

Additional Photos
GSSeattle
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina (Anacortes, WA)

Post by GSSeattle »

"Hi all, today is a sad day for me because I found out that my job is requiring me to relocate from Florida to Seattle! Unfortunately, there is no way I can justify the cost of transporting my 28 TE to the other side of the country and I won't be travelling home enough to justify keeping it either. I assume I will buy another once I get settled in my new location!"

Good luck with the sale! I purchased my 28 in Stuart FL and had it shipped to Seattle - the transport cost isn't as bad as you may think if you shop around. If you are thinking of purchasing another after your move - there are a lot fewer Albins to choose from in the northwest, and they tend to have a price premium on them out here compared to the east coast. The Alaska bulkhead is a nice option to have in the PNW if you can find one.
Greg

2000 Albin 28 TE "Turtle Express"
Cdavidson
Mate
Mate

Post by Cdavidson »

GSSeattle wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:03 pm "Hi all, today is a sad day for me because I found out that my job is requiring me to relocate from Florida to Seattle! Unfortunately, there is no way I can justify the cost of transporting my 28 TE to the other side of the country and I won't be travelling home enough to justify keeping it either. I assume I will buy another once I get settled in my new location!"

Good luck with the sale! I purchased my 28 in Stuart FL and had it shipped to Seattle - the transport cost isn't as bad as you may think if you shop around. If you are thinking of purchasing another after your move - there are a lot fewer Albins to choose from in the northwest, and they tend to have a price premium on them out here compared to the east coast. The Alaska bulkhead is a nice option to have in the PNW if you can find one.
All good feedback, I have shopped it quite a bit and I just can’t justify it. That plus not being familiar with the boating scene there makes me very hesitant to drag her that far. I’d be eternally frustrated if I did the transport then found out I wanted something different for the area (which is what I think would happen) . I imagine my PNW boat will be fully enclosed as you mentioned, I may even switch to a sailboat for a while once I get settled in!

We’ll see what happens in time but for now, this is a stellar boat for anyone looking in the East Coast!
Cdavidson
Mate
Mate

Re: 2001 28 TE Engine Box Yanmar 1496 Hours For Sale 69k

Post by Cdavidson »

Price drop to 64k
AlbinOhhh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Arizona (not much water here)

Post by AlbinOhhh »

And she’s now mine!
:!: Looking for my mid-life crisis in my 60’s…
Sisu22
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ventura, CA

Post by Sisu22 »

Congrats! A bunch of us have followed this boat on these forums. Great purchase, enjoy it. Are you moving it out west?
1994 TE 28' w/ Cummins 250
AlbinOhhh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Arizona (not much water here)

Post by AlbinOhhh »

Sisu22 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:21 pm Congrats! A bunch of us have followed this boat on these forums. Great purchase, enjoy it. Are you moving it out west?
Thank you!

Not permanently relocating it. Bought it to do “The Great Loop” starting likely in April. I honestly have no idea if I’ll keep it beyond that voyage.

I wanted a solid vessel under 30’ with a shallow draft that I could solo thru locks, and putter along at 1 gal/hr fuel consumption (or thereabouts). No interest in going fast. Just me and the dog. Other than getting on/off, I’m certain he’ll love it.

I like having the small cabin, absolutely love the classy style, and with a few deck chairs and my verrry lovable dog, I expect I’ll meet many a new friend over however long the trip takes.

Boating in AZ is almost non-existent so it’ll likely never come here. If I do keep it, it’ll have to reside in FL or I’ll move it to CA.
:!: Looking for my mid-life crisis in my 60’s…
Maogwaicat
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palatka, FL

Post by Maogwaicat »

Good looking boat, for sure! I am in Palatka, my boat is currently in Jax, on the Ortega River, Sadler Point Marina for maintenance.

Return to “Swap / Trade / Sell”