• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Proud to own a 28TE now!

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
AlbinOhhh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Arizona (not much water here)

Proud to own a 28TE now!

Post by AlbinOhhh »

Bought Chris’s boat.

viewtopic.php?p=96971#p96971

What a clean vessel she is! Almost too nice for me!

I’ll be taking her on The Great Loop starting in April.

My official new member post here:

As of writing this 63 yrs old. Have done some sailing on Lake Michigan, and owned several Boston Whalers which I ran on Lake Washington (in WA) and in the Puget Sound. Haven’t had a boat since 2005, so it’ll be good to get back on the water!

Divorced a couple years ago so my trip will be with my big dog Harry, a Wiredhaired Pointing Griffon. He’s quite an attention getter and much more handsome than me!

If all goes well, I’ll do the loop in one shot over ~6 months. Whether I keep the boat beyond that I’ll know by the end of the trip. Living in AZ with a boat in FL is not highly conducive to boating. Then again, summers in AZ are brutal, do this little cuddy cabin may become my “summer home” somewhere up north. Who knows!
:!: Looking for my mid-life crisis in my 60’s…
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: Proud to own a 28TE now!

Post by Nancy »

Congratulations! You got a really good boat with lots of maintenance and upgrades, all documented in this forum.

Be sure to give a shout if you come through Lake Champlain instead of taking the shorter route from Albany to Oswego.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
AlbinOhhh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Arizona (not much water here)

Post by AlbinOhhh »

Pretty sure I’m doing the shorter route but if not I will!
:!: Looking for my mid-life crisis in my 60’s…
Maogwaicat
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palatka, FL

Post by Maogwaicat »

How fun is that to have a new boat! 62 y/o here with recently acquired Albin 35CB. We might be on the Loop in April of '25. Cheers, from the St Johns River in Florida... DC

P.S. Photos, or it's not really happening...

Return to “New Member Introductions”