• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Battery select switch question

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Marsea5
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oyster Bay NY

Battery select switch question

Post by Marsea5 »

Hello all
My new to me '01 28TE battery selector switch 1(start) / off / 2 (house)

All of my previous boats have had the all / parallel choice as well. I would run on "all" so both house and start gets a charge then switch to just house when on the hook.

So my question or assumption is the motor is always charging the start bank and I should run on house selection for charging underway? I'm also assuming like in the past, never switch banks while underway unless you have a switch with automatic field disconnect so as to not damage alternator. Looks like my switch does not have afd.
Thanks!
AlbinOhhh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Arizona (not much water here)

Re: Battery select switch question

Post by AlbinOhhh »

I think it’s impossible to know how your boat is actually wired. Your best bet is a voltmeter to check if a charge is actually going to the batteries in various configurations.
:!: Looking for my mid-life crisis in my 60’s…

Return to “General Discussion”