• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Battery Switch Question

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Luvinlife
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rhode Island

Battery Switch Question

Post by Luvinlife »

I recently purchased a 2002 32+2 and wound appreciate some help on battery switches and battery management. My boat has 3 switched in a cabinet just to your right when you enter the cabin. None are marked and the prior owner could not remember which switch was which. He just kept all 3 on all the time. My concern is if I’m on the hook for multiple days. My assumption is to locate the house battery and turn off the other two at anchor, preserving the generator and starting batteries. Can someone who has a similar setup enlighten me?
Sanatee
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Solomons Island

Re: Battery Switch Question

Post by Sanatee »

My 96 has house top, thruster/windlass middle, starter bottom. But you can easily check by turning on one at a time and see what operates.
Mike and Carol
1996 32+2 CB "Sanatee"

Solomons Island MD
Luvinlife
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rhode Island

Post by Luvinlife »

Thank you Mike and Carol. How do you manage batteries when out on anchor for extended periods?
Dreamcatcher
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Vero Beach, Florida

Post by Dreamcatcher »

The top switch should be wired to the house battery and the middle to the engine with the smaller one at the bottom for the generator.
Legasea
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Portsmouth RI

Post by Legasea »

Thank you Dreamcatcher. I’ll try to verify once I pull off the shrink wrap.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”