• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

House cleaning: A25 11 gallon holding tank, free for cost of shipping. See yard sale page.

Albin's "power cruisers"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

House cleaning: A25 11 gallon holding tank, free for cost of shipping. See yard sale page.

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

A25 11 gallon holding tank, free for cost of shipping. See yard sale page for details.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
graTis
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Potomac River

Re: House cleaning: A25 11 gallon holding tank, free for cost of shipping. See yard sale page.

Post by graTis »

Sir, two questions: is this tank still available and where does/did it fit on an A25? Thanks
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: House cleaning: A25 11 gallon holding tank, free for cost of shipping. See yard sale page.

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

graTis,

Yes, is still available.

Reminder, here's what it looks like removed from the boat. The inlet & outlet openings are on the right (fwd) end of the tank by the blue label in this photo & go thru openings in the bulkhead between the head compartment & cockpit. Dimensions are 19.75 inches L X 12.75 inches W. Height tapers from 10.75 inches on the end by the blue label where the inlet & outlet openings are to 9.75 inches at the other end . The label is a bit hard to read, but the brand name is Kracor of Grafton, WI, date of manufacture May, 1989, so it's not 1971 OEM to the boat. Nominal capacity 9 gallons, but actual calculated volume if able to complete 100% fill is 11 gallons, which of course is not practical. At 1 qt per flush 9 gallons gives you a theoretical capacity of 36 flushes, or half that at 2 qts per flush. For us it was good for two or three days with crew of two, or about twice a regular size porta potty.
20230916_114259_resized.jpg
Here's what it looked like in the photo below prior to removal from boat, since replaced by a larger 20 gallon tank.
Location is outboard of the original battery bank location, under the floorboard at the driver seat between the forward cabin aft bulkhead and starboard cockpit bench seat.
DSCN3331.JPG
Compared to the present 20 gallon tank with the batteries relocated to the starboard bench seat storage locker to make room for the larger tank. Goes without saying a 20 gallon tank doubles our "range" between pump outs.
DSCN3419.JPG
If interested I can check on shipping costs after the holidays if you'll give me your zip code. Actual measured weight is right at 10 lbs, plus the weight of a carboard shipping box, or perhaps just brown paper wrapping. My zip code is 85383 from Peoria, AZ, so you could calculate UPS or FedEx shipping cost to your location for that weight & dimensions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
graTis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by graTis »

Hello,
I just saw this reply so sorry for not contacting you sooner. Thank you very much for the detailed description. I am looking for a grey water tank for my Albin 25, it seems like this could work. My zip is 92084-2733. I have people in Green Valley that I visit sometime, maybe I could come by for a chat and pick up the tank? My Albin is currently in Virginia waiting for a cruise on the Potomac in April.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Oh absolutely! Any time between now & late May. After that we'll be "DAing" our way trailering up to Olympia, WA for a final PNW cruise & leaving our boat up there for sale on consignment with a broker. I also know a guy in Green Valley with our local sailing club who comes up to Phoenix from time to time. Just let me know when you plan to come up in a PM email.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
graTis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by graTis »

Well we got busy and did not make another trip to Green Valley. I am leaving for the Potomac River in a couple of days so probably won’t need that tank anytime soon. I’ll have a good bit of time there and of course will be working on the boat constantly so we’ll see how it goes.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

There's no hurry on this. It's taking up minimal space in my workshop/garage. Will be taking our boat up to the Seattle, Olympia, and San Juans in June for a final cruise before leaving it for sale on consignment with Capital City Yachts broker in Olympia, and if there's any interest in this tank up there I can take it with us and give it away for free to anyone willing to meet somewhere in the area & pick it up. Fun fact: in 2015 we trailered out to the East Coast & cruised the middle part of Chesapeake Bay from the Nanticoke River to Cambridge, Oxford, St. Michaels, and Solomons on the Patuxent River, originally planning to go up the Potomac to DC for 4th of July. But it was so hot & muggy we scrapped that idea and stuck with the course shown on this map, for a total of two weeks on the water.
Chesapeake course.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
graTis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by graTis »

Wow, you did all that in two weeks? I will be scrutinizing your track carefully looking for ideas. If you don’t mind, what was your favorite place or cruising area on that map? I have not looked at the places you went, thinking of staying in the river or maybe as far south as Norfolk on this trip. I did have the pleasure of meeting the captain of Mazboot in Alexandria last year and hope to renew that acquaintance. Also curious what you use for a dinghy and how you stow it. Still trying to figure out how to post pictures
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

Now this is funny…. Look up what Gratis means in swedish.

Not to be confused with Grattis!
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”