• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

value of boat

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

mars075
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: None yet

value of boat

Post by mars075 »

I paid $44,000 for my 1999 Albin 28
I put in about $35,000
Everything is turnkey, I even put in a new stern thruster
can anyone give me a sense what the boat would get in a curremt market
If I replaced it I'd probably get a flush deck version

thanks

mike m
Ed422
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dundalk, MD

Re: value of boat

Post by Ed422 »

This is a little thought to determine. I d say try looking at boat sales sites like Boat Trader to see what they sell for. An alternative would be to get a professional survey done and use that to help in your determination. Yet another option would be to contact a broker and get their input.

Ed
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Re: value of boat

Post by Norseman »

Try an insurance survey, it is usually half price of a purchase survey and will give you a ballpark number.
If the $35k you put into the boat was expensive upgrades it should increase the value, but not if money went to maintenance
and repairs. (Did all of the above on my boat and got an insurance survey: Paid $67,500 in 2017, insured value a few years later $79,500, ended up selling it for $85,000)
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.

Return to “General Discussion”