• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 28 TE

Edjano14
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Vermillion Ohio

Albin 28 TE

Post by Edjano14 »

I have been infatuated with the Albin 28 TE since i saw a pic a few months ago. I will be in the market fot a used TE next spring, have owned the following boats (Lake Erie)
25' Trojan Express single screw
24' Word Cat CC twin outboards
18.5' Sea Hunt CC 1 outboard
20.5' Grady White Adventure WA 1 outboard (presently owned)
Will have about $100k to spend, appreciate any and all advice!
Sisu22
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ventura, CA

Re: Albin 28 TE

Post by Sisu22 »

Whelp, you've come to the right place. We really like our boats. Have you been onboard one yet?

I think the members here can give you much better advice if you narrow down the options (year, engine box / flush deck, engine). With that budget, you can get a really nice one, especially now that the market has cooled.
1994 TE 28' w/ Cummins 250
Edjano14
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Edjano14 »

Have not been on one yet, I am in Ohio and there are none anywhere near here. Will be boating on Lake Erie (as I have been for aver 30 yrs), that Lake can get nasty in a hurry so I think I would like the engine box with the higher gunnels. I also fish alot and may have smaller children aboard at times so the extra height makes more sense. As far as engines the Yanmar 315 seems sufficient, will be cruising /fishing in a 30 mile radius of home port. I would hope to get a 2000 - 2005 with under 800 hrs or so, in darn good shape for the $100k. Electronics are not too important, a Garmin Echomap would be sufficient. I also need to get under a bridge with about 9.5 ft of clearance so preferably not to much on top of the hardtop...but I suppose that can all be removed.
Really most important is well maintained and low ish hours.
Thanks, can't wait to board one of these beauties!
Mike Monte
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Portsmouth, RI

Post by Mike Monte »

If my boat wasn't covered for the winter I'd measure the height but I would guess that it's 8.5' from the waterline to the top of the running light.
(Best to check)
I like my 2001 engine-box Albin.
Contact a reputable dealer.
Ken at Standish Boat Yard in Tiverton sold hundreds of 28TE's and services many annually.
Ken is the-Albin-expert.
For your budget you can get a nicely set-up Albin.
elad9000
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart FL

Post by elad9000 »

My 2000 28TE is for sale. See following link to Her listing on Boat trader.

https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2000-al ... e-9211219/

We have owned enJOYCEment for 19 years. During that time She has been improved and modified to enhance both cruising and fishing. The hull, topsides, cockpit, helm area and bimini frame are painted with Awlcraft 2000/Awlgrip epoxy paint. This makes for easy clean up. No buffing or waxing at all. Many more features in the link above.

Dale Purdy
Stuart, FL
772-324-1939
Dale Purdy
enJOYCEment
2000 28 TE 1800 hrs
Stuart, FL
AlbinOhhh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Arizona (not much water here)

Post by AlbinOhhh »

Sent OP an email via this site but just in case, I’ll transit the Erie Canal in June of this year if you want to see a live boat.
:!: Looking for my mid-life crisis in my 60’s…
Edjano14
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Edjano14 »

Thanks, may take you up on this if I haven't purchased one by then!
Edjano14
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Edjano14 »

Beautiful boat Dale, I will be putting my vacation home for sale soon...on an island in Lake Erie. Purchasing an Albin is dependent on this sale, hopefully it moves quickly!

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”