• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Greetings! New Owner of a 27fc in Rhode Island

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
GottaCruise
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: East Greenwich RI

Greetings! New Owner of a 27fc in Rhode Island

Post by GottaCruise »

Last year I made a connection through this forum to acquire Krimar, a 1987 27fc. This was essentially an estate sale and, although the boat hull appears in pretty good condition, the original Nissan ld28 block had been removed and rebuilt (all peripheral components lost) and she was in need of some deep cleaning and cosmetic restoration.

We have decided to repower with the Beta 50 and hope to put her into the Narragansett bay this summer. We have two small daughters (1 & 3) and look forward to getting this boat ready for exploring the bay and overnight on Block Island in the coming years. I have rebuilt some cars and a number of motorcycles but I guess you could say I'm not very salty yet.. This forum has already been quite valuable to me and I have a few topics I could use some more advice on from the 27fc guys and gals. Hopefully someday I'll be able to share some knowledge as well.

Cheers!
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: Greetings! New Owner of a 27fc in Rhode Island

Post by DCatSea »

Welcome aboard Guy in RI. and welcome to the 27FC club.
You'll soon find your way around her and start enjoying cruising your neck of the woods and beyond. AOG is a fine source of good information and ideas about keeping these venerable classic craft purring along, much to the envy of other boaters with less reliable toys.
We've had Mazboot for almost 9 years and have had loads of fun just local cruising in the mid-Chesapeake Bay and now the Potomac in and around DC.

One other great thing is that your toolkit will expand exponentially so you can fix stuff that your car doesn't have.
Last edited by DCatSea on Tue May 14, 2024 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
REBMystic
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by REBMystic »

Welcome!! I'm in Mystic so hopefully see you in Block! :)
- Rob
2001 Albin 31 TE
"Time On The Pond"
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

Gotta Cruise, Welcome. I also have an '87 FC and installed a new BETA 43 a few months ago. You'll love the BETA engines, as they are very easy to install. I'm 82 now and did all the work myself except for the haulout and a crane to lift the old LD28 out of the cockpit and drop the new BETA in. If you'd like to PM me, I'll give you my phone # and pass on the details. You'll love this boat. I've had mine for about 11 years now. Ben
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Post by Jkraft »

Welcome aboard & thank you for the burgee purchase! The next batch will ship out next week.
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
GottaCruise
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: East Greenwich RI

Post by GottaCruise »

Thanks everybody! I started a fiberglass repair on the keel today that is progressing well. I think I'll start a project thread.

Tego, that is pretty inspirational. I am going to reach out. I have some questions on angle and also centering between the bow and stern.

Return to “New Member Introductions”