• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Alaska a little north of normal

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Chaubrich
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Wrangell AK

Alaska a little north of normal

Post by Chaubrich »

Hoping to find my last boat now that I’m retired. (Dentist)
So I begin my search for an Albin 31 TE hopefully with a single 400hp
I’ve joined as a fan who hopes to become an owner
I live in Wrangell AK
GeorgeS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bristol, RI

Re: Alaska a little north of normal

Post by GeorgeS »

Hi newcomer,
The Albin Manufacturing Company started business making diesel engines and fibreglass sailboats in Sweden and then moved to the USA in 1984 to build powerboats. These sturdy craft were designed for North Sea conditions and were all manufactured in Portsmouth Rhode Island until the plant unfortunately closed in 2008. The diesel powerboats mostly designed by Terence Crompton for cruising and deep sea fishing produced in the USA were a huge success ranging in size from 25 feet to 45 feet cruiser and several trawler models with or without flybridge. If you want to buy a good used example you had best hop on a plane and come east, checking both Albin Owners Group ads and Yachtworld. There is one great 2007 Albin 35CB advertised on AOG by Rondo in Florida that would be really worthwhiie looking at.

GeorgeS.

Return to “New Member Introductions”