• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Saw lots of Albins at Block Island, RI last weekend

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

REBMystic
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Saw lots of Albins at Block Island, RI last weekend

Post by REBMystic »

We took our first trip to Block salt pond last weekend in our 31TE. Great to see a few 28's and a command bridge out there. (All looked great, which gives me motivation!) I guess now that I have an Albin I notice them much more! :D
- Rob
2001 Albin 31 TE
"Time On The Pond"
DownEast2
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mystic

Re: Saw lots of Albins at Block Island, RI last weekend

Post by DownEast2 »

We saw you out there and at least two other 28s. We love it out there but it was so hot we left early.
All the Albins were looking good.
REBMystic
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by REBMystic »

DownEast2 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:27 pm We saw you out there and at least two other 28s. We love it out there but it was so hot we left early.
All the Albins were looking good.
It was definitely hot those days after labor day!
- Rob
2001 Albin 31 TE
"Time On The Pond"
GeorgeS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bristol, RI

Post by GeorgeS »

Living close by in Rhode Island, Block Island is one of our most favorite stopovers. Don't miss the world's best mudslides at the Oar or the view from the Lighthouse lawn. Also a nice bike riding circuit for those who have the time to rent a bike and tour. Try the fabulous breakfast buffet at the 1661 Hotel, an annual event for us. The harbor is always jammed and moorings are first come first served so plan ahead.
Mike Monte
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Portsmouth, RI

Post by Mike Monte »

We overnight two/three times a summer in BI's salt pond...usually staying at the Basin so we can put the bikes on-shore.
Standish Boat Yard (Tiverton, RI) was the biggest seller of Albins during the 90's 'til its end of production thus there are still a ton of Albins in Narragansett bay.
btw: The wife & I saw 28TE in Vancouver a few years ago.
Albins-are-everywhere!

Return to “General Discussion”