• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Water Accumulation Under Helm 31 TE

Albin31ARB
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Aquebogue, NY

Water Accumulation Under Helm 31 TE

Post by Albin31ARB »

Has anyone else had the same issue? Below the helm is a hatch that opens into the access compartment for my battery charger, electronics units, A/C pump and intake etc… A few inches of water constantly accumulates in the very bottom, where the slant of the hull meets the cabin bulkhead, and it does not drain out anywhere. It just sits there until I mop it out, but re-accumulates soon after. It appears that rainwater is leaking in from somewhere which is something else I will have diagnose, but I’m wondering if there is a drain hole that is clogged or if this just part of owning a 31 TE? Any insight/solution would be appreciated. Thanks.
REBMystic
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Water Accumulation Under Helm 31 TE

Post by REBMystic »

YES!!. I have the same issue. I was going to post this question. I got my 31 TE in December, so this summer I'm learning a lot. At first I thought it had sloshed up there from the forward bilge. (I had faulty hot water relief valve that kept filling fwd bilge). But I don't think it's that. Earlier this week I dried it out. (and got under the shower where the bilge is connected). I wanted to see if it was rain, or possibly spray / seas. It filled up after one underway so I was thinking maybe spray or waves into the stbd vents, but I don't know at this point. Next time it fills up I will check if it's salt or fresh water. I hope to figure it out in the next few weeks and will share what I find out.
- Rob
2001 Albin 31 TE
"Time On The Pond"
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Re: Water Accumulation Under Helm 31 TE

Post by furball »

We had a small amount of water there as well. Ours was coming from a leaky rub rail on the starboard side just forward of the port lights. When the leak got worse it would accumulate in a small pocket behind the lower drawer under the hanging closet. You may see signs of water if you pull the cabinet out under the bathroom sink. There were water marks on the hull. We ran a very small bead of clear silicone along the top edge of the rubrail and all is dry now, for the time being anyway.
Good luck,
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”