• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Teleflex shift and throttle control

Albin's "power cruisers"
Ratstar32
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Bourne, MA

Teleflex shift and throttle control

Post by Ratstar32 »

I recently began trying to rejuvenate the dual shift/throttle control from my 1985 Albin 27 SC. In dissambling the Teleflex unit. On inspection, i noticed that a part may be missing with the throttle lever - it is a spring, ball bearing and brass screw (see picture) that at least in the shift lever provides a "stop" in the middle/neutral of the lever position.

I'm not sure if there is supposed to be such a stop in the throttle lever,. I'm feeling that these parts are not necessary, and maybe not missing? But it appears that there was such parts previously, and before I reassemble the unit, I'd like to be sure?

If anyone can confirm whether these parts should be there (or not!) Id really appreciate it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
TorreyWP
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Buffalo NY

Re: Teleflex shift and throttle control

Post by TorreyWP »

Yeah, that is the 'detent" ball and spring, The screw is for adjustment. The idea is positive indication that the shift lever is in neutral. On the throttle lever, the ball provides friction so the throttle lever does not "walk off" due to vibration over time. "Set it and forget it" concept.

If you need pictures of how it should look assembled or if you are interested in a complete replacement, message me directly and I might be able to help.

T
Torrey Pollard
1985 27FC
Beta 50
TorPedo
USCG 50 Ton Near Coastal

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”