• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Tachometer issue Yanmar 6lpa-ste

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Luvinlife
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rhode Island

Tachometer issue Yanmar 6lpa-ste

Post by Luvinlife »

Just purchased a 2002 Albin 32+2 with a Yanmar 370. The tach worked fine on sea trial and no issues reported by the seller. Yesterday I changed the oil, snaking the oil pump jumper cables to the batteries under the dinette. Now the tach only reads when it gets to 2000 RPMs. Did I maybe jiggle something loose? Any thoughts where to start? I did remove the dash and tighten the connections but I did not remove or clean them. Any suggestions?
Capt Ron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tachometer issue Yanmar 6lpa-ste

Post by Capt Ron »

i had a similar issue with the tach after replacing the exhaust manifold some years ago. i located the connector near the bell housing. I wiggled the connector while watching the tach. The RPM would change. I cleaned the connector leads. The tach has worked fine ever since.
Owner of 28' TE
Toolmanbob1993
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston

Re: Tachometer issue Yanmar 6lpa-ste

Post by Toolmanbob1993 »

Mine was the same fix as Capt Rons
2000 28 TE “Slow Ride”
Luvinlife
First Mate
First Mate