• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

*price reduced* 1997 Albin 28te for sale low hours fresh repower

Selling your Albin? List it here. Doing upgrades and want to share your usable stuff? Looking for a good deal? No commercial listings please.

Moderator: Nancy

Forum rules
Links to external personal sites and photo hosting sites are allowed. Links to dealers, brokers, eBay, etc., will be edited/removed by the moderators.
We strongly encourage you post pictures and details directly within your ad.
Acronym
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Cape May, nj

*price reduced* 1997 Albin 28te for sale low hours fresh repower

Post by Acronym »

Hello,

Price reduced

225 hours

Price: 75k

Haxelsson231@gmail.com

Life changes require me to part with my boat, I’ve put a ton of work into this boat, and only have cosmetic stuff left for it to be the perfect little 28’ boat. Unfortunately as things do; priorities changed, and I don’t want this boat to go to waste.

Things in it:
- Engine upgraded to a Yanmar 8lv 370 about 3-4 years ago.
- New ZF gear
- New shaft
- New prop
- New boss and cutless
- Zipwake trim tabs
- Simrad through hull transducer
- New 1000lb Maxwell anchor winch
- Rocna anchor
- 600-700’ of 8plaid anchor line
- 185W xantrax solar panel
- 1500w inverter
- Simrad ap44 auto pilot
- Upgraded bow thruster to a 6 or 7 inch vetus
- AIS transmit and receive
- New sending unit for fuel tank, and tank was tested.
- New toilet

This boat will cruise 22-23kn at 3400rpm, I usually maintain about 3000rpm and that will get you 20kn cruise at just about 2nm per gallon. Wide open throttle will get you up to about 29kn.

It used to have a peninsular diesel in it, but with it being hard to get parts and that I cracked the head; replaced the mechanicals with the biggest engine I could reliably shoe horn into it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Last edited by Acronym on Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Re: 1998 Albin 28te for sale low hours

Post by Jkraft »

This is a heck of a deal Hans. If anyone is looking for a nice and fast 28. This is it. I would re-do your title to say "low hours on fresh repower". Low hours often isn't a good thing but on your boat it is.
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”

Return to “Swap / Trade / Sell”