• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Piloting coach

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

GeorgeS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bristol, RI

Piloting coach

Post by GeorgeS »

Hi all,
Last year I acquired another bigger Albin with dual diesel Yanmar engines ( Albin 35Te) . I have owned and operated sailboats and single engine powerboats for almost 50 years , but in the category of “ old dogs/ new tricks” properly operating this new acquisition seemed to warrant some added info & instruction. Our local yacht broker recommended Zach Rollins from East Greenwich RI who , for a reasonable fee, was able to show me the right way to handle and dock and competently pilot this new dual diesel beauty . Great guy !
I also called upon our local Harbormaster for some extra instruction and am now taking part in the USCG OUPV 6-pack license course, just to formalize all this newly acquired knowledge. As I approach the 4-score year mark, I am really proud of being able to reliably handle our boat and skipper her without drama in almost any conceivable situation. Here’s to humble pie, experience and expert advice !
Best Regards,
Georges.

Return to “General Discussion”