• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Air filters

Albin's "power cruisers"
Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Air filters

Post by Dave »

I have an Isuzu engine in my 27 which I purchased last season and I was doing my spring maintenance and noticed it did not have an air filter, just a wire cage around the air intake, it seems like a stupid question to me but is this the way it should be or should there be a filter in there. My thought is yes and if this is correct does anyone have a filter number.
stardust-v42
First Mate
First Mate

Isuzu Air Filter

Post by stardust-v42 »

Dave

I just purchased an A27 SC about one month ago, and this engine did not have the required oil-soaked foam element in the air intake cage. Reading the manual, it states that there is to be an oil soaked foam element installed. The former owner left a stash of "spare parts" on board, and included there was a foam element, but I have not yet installed it---just too many other things to fix first. I just wonder why it was not installed?? If you need a part number for this foam element, let me know, I think I remember that it was in a plastic bag with some kind of a reference number on the bag.
1987 Albin 27 SC
Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Air Filters

Post by Dave »

That would be great to have the part number, I also wonder why it was not installed in mine either. Good luck with your repairs and enjoy the boating season.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

In general, it is not uncommon for boat engines to not have air filters. I haven't seen an outboard yet that has one, though inboard diesels usually at least have an oil-soaked piece of foam. The lack of airborne dust particles in the marine environment reduces the need for an air filter, so many builders find them unnecessary.
stardust-v42
First Mate
First Mate

Air Filter

Post by stardust-v42 »

Dave

Sorry for the delay---but the part number for the foam air filter element is "X-14210-002". I expect that you could get this from any Isuzu dealer.
1987 Albin 27 SC
Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave »

Thanks for the info Stardust
Don from Mystic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Don from Mystic »

I have the Lehman which also came lacking the element. I purchased "cut to size" home air conditioner material which I secured with a couple of quality tie wraps. May not be for the purist ,but it does the job. Typically marine enviornments arent like the dusty road conditions a car encounters.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”