• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Chesapeake cruising

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Chesapeake cruising

Post by furball »

We're a little more than half way through our first vacation on our 28. So far we've had good weather, except for the wind today. We've spent two nights at Lankford Bay Marina off the Chester River and now on our second night in St Michaels. We spent today checking out the town because it blew it's *@&!! off. We're planning on checking out the Wye River tomorrow and then heading to Tilghman Island for a night or two. Hope to post some photos when we get home. Oh, one other thing I want to mention, when the weather does get snotty, the 28 continues to impress me with how confortably the boat rides and tracks. The more I run it the more I love this boat :D
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Chesapeake cruising

Post by jcollins »

furball wrote:We're a little more than half way through our first vacation on our 28. So far we've had good weather, except for the wind today. We've spent two nights at Lankford Bay Marina off the Chester River and now on our second night in St Michaels. We spent today checking out the town because it blew it's *@&!! off. We're planning on checking out the Wye River tomorrow and then heading to Tilghman Island for a night or two. Hope to post some photos when we get home. Oh, one other thing I want to mention, when the weather does get snotty, the 28 continues to impress me with how confortably the boat rides and tracks. The more I run it the more I love this boat :D
John
Have a great vacation. Hope all your travels aren't too snotty. It is that time of year. We'll be out and about Saturday. Looking forward to your pictures.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

First Chesapeake cruise

Post by furball »

We made it :D We've completed our first week (almost) long vacation in our Albin. Started last Sunday from near Baltimore. The winds gave us a break in the afternoon and we headed for Lankford creek on the Chester. Settled in at Lankford Bay Marina in time for sunset.
Monday morning we headed out for a day of exploring in Lankford Creek, Gray's Creek and the Corsica River. The fall colors were really starting to come in.
Tuesday morning,
we headed out for Eastern Bay and St Michaels. Spent Tuesday evening and Wednesday exploring the town and meeting some great people.
Waiting for dinner :shock:
Thrusday was cruising the Wye River which was terrific. A slow cruise, crab cake sandwiches, couple of cold ones and a beautiful river almost to ourselves.
Friday was the day to head for home as the weather for Sat. looked to be taking a turn for the worse. Past a few of our favorite sights on the way home.
Great week on the water and we're already planning the next one.
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Great shots John. I've only associated those fall colors with NY and north, sure is pretty. I was hoping to do a fall "sweathshirt" cruise as well but the weather and my family's schedule never synch'd. Thanks for sharing. It's obvious where you got the name for the boat!
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “Cruising”