• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New owner 31te

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
RockHall
Gold Member
Gold Member

New owner 31te

Post by RockHall »

Just completed sea trial and survey yesterday on a 2004 (New-to-me) 31 TE w/ single Cummins 450. Paperwork should be done today or monday. The excitement is tempered by the fact that it will go straight to winter lay-up, but we are really looking forward to the spring.

Have to admit I wasnt really looking for an albin, or anything all that similar to an albin. Had looked mostly at center consoles and express fishing boats. I always liked the looks of the albin and it was an easy decision when we found this one. The decision was also made easier by spending a few hours on this site and hearing what everyone has to say about their albins. We have been looking for the right boat and the right deal for almost two years. We are excited to have finally found it.

I like to fish, my wife likes fishing some, cruising more, and our three year old is just happy to be on a boat. I think the albin will fit all of our needs and allow me more fishing time with the comfort of the cabin for my wife and daughter. The boat is in great shape, only 270 hours and the punch list on the survey is mostly items like replacing light bulbs. It has some oxidation on the blue hull, hopefully some light compound will take care of that.

One question, anyone know where the hot water heater is hidden? I think we climbed into every nook and cranny and didnt find it.

Also, the boat does not have a generator. I would like to add one so that we can run a/c and tv while anchored fishing. Any suggestions for brand, model and size? I would like to be able to power everything.

Looking forward to seeing some of you on the Chesapeake this summer.
31' TE
Hull # 211
S-Cummins 450
Rock Hall, MD
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: New owner 31te

Post by Pitou »

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new hull. You got a great buy! A member posted a link to YachtWorld for your boat. It generated some discussion. Not sure where the hotwater tank is. You could follow the coolant lines from the Engine that heat your hot water tank ... they will lead you to it. These boats were equiped with NorthernLights gensets when ordered as an extra from Albin. Though Albin is back (Shamrock) .... try to find an old or current Albin Dealer in your area and have them help you out with customizing your new found joy with original Albin accessories and placement. I'm sure someone will chime in with more. Again, Congratulations! :)
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome aboard. I'm assuming this is the great deal everyone was talking about? Looks like we have another member for the rendezvous next year. Don't forget to vote on location.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Welcome aboard!! If thats the 31 on Yacht world you got a great deal, I picked up my 31te this monday for a great adventure bringing her home. your not alone, even my surveyer couldnt find the hot water tank until he made a few calls. Contact me in a PM if you would like his tele, I am sure he will remember, Good Luck
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
Tuxedo
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by Tuxedo »

RockHall wrote:JOne question, anyone know where the hot water heater is hidden? I think we climbed into every nook and cranny and didnt find it.

Also, the boat does not have a generator. I would like to add one so that we can run a/c and tv while anchored fishing. Any suggestions for brand, model and size? I would like to be able to power everything.
The hot water heater is under the dinette table.

I had an Entec West generator in mine that fit nicely between the port and center lazerettes in the cockpit. Check and see if it might be already wired in that area. The guys at Entec West provided great support, although not much when wrong.
Tom
Albin Owner Emeritus
rt11002003
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rt11002003 »

I'm so envious. :) We were in Rock Hall two weeks ago and didn't see or know the vessel was available. Welcome aboard, you've got a great boat.

Gene
Gene Currently Albin "less"
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Montauk , Long Island, NY

Post by jointventure »

Congratulations also from a very satisfied 31TE owner for the last 8 years. As noted the hot water heater is under the dinette table , which you get to by lifting the rug and removing the four screws, the panel, rug and table all come up as one assembly.
One extremely important note of caution,which I found the hard way, - should one of the hoses fails the engine coolant drains into the compartment which is water tight,likewise for the fresh water and you have no way of seeing it. Mine resulted in replacing the turbo,exhaust manifold and bore scoping the cylinders,all covered under warranty thankfully.
My fix was to replace the plywood panel with the same thickness plexiglass and install an additional engine room light in the compartment, at least now I can lift the rug and look in periodically for peace of mind.

P.S. My generator is a 5KW Northern Lights located in the lazarate port side

John
Joint Venture
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Yes, our 36' Express Trawler has the 5kw Northern Lights Lugger. It's alright. I'm not a huge fan of the heat exchanger setup on that unit. It's hard to work on and prone to leaking raw water into the coolant. Not sure if there's anything better out there, though.

Other than that, I love the unit. Would be nice to have an underwater discharge for the raw water like some of the newer ones have. Much quieter.
RockHall
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RockHall »

We finally closed on the boat and took delivery yesterday. We brought the boat around from the repo yard on Grays Inn Creek off of the Chester River to Rock Hall harbor. The trip was about an hour and a half and unlike some of the other posts on this site, completely without incident. We had light winds an a slight chop, no weather to speak of, although we did get some light flurries as we pulled into Rock Hall. Now it will be pulled out on Monday and sit until spring. Not very exciting, but it gives us some time to do the work we want to do.

There are lots of great deals on boats at LabMarineInc.com. This is the only Albin we have seen there in the two years we have been looking. There are lots of sea rays and a few really nice fishing boats. The deals are pretty good. We made an offer on this boat, the bank countered and we accepted. Saved a good bit off of the asking price and were eligible for 4.99% financing.

Looking forward to spending the summer on the Chesapeake.
31' TE
Hull # 211
S-Cummins 450
Rock Hall, MD
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Congratulations on the 31. You sure are going to love the Albin. I just cant keep myself from going down just to sit in the cockpit & dream a bit. Good Luck :)
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
RockHall
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RockHall »

I was on it today, took the cushions off for cleaning. The bay was blowing pretty good today. We had white caps in the harbor, and it looked nasty outside. I didn't want to go out in that and tomorrow it will be pulled for the winter. I did enjoy just being on the boat today though. It was pretty nice.

Hoping to find a deal on a generator this winter and have that and a trolling valve installed.

Zinbaad, how did you fine the Hull number? I have the Hull ID, is it in there?
31' TE
Hull # 211
S-Cummins 450
Rock Hall, MD
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

If you do a search under Keys, paint... You will see a north cutter example

Aul 400005d06
Aul =albin
40= 40ft North Cutter
005= 5th hull
d06= model year

I think that is correct but if not I am sure others will chime in. Congratulaions again, Eddy
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
RockHall
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RockHall »

Ok, Hull ID is AUL31211I304

Breaks down like this

AUL - Albin
31 - 31'
211 - 211th Hull????
I3 - Hull laid September 2003
04 - Model year 2004

Everything makes sense but the 211th Hull, seems like a high number.
31' TE
Hull # 211
S-Cummins 450
Rock Hall, MD
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

seems right to me it's the 211th hull built from inception of the model.. I interpet my hull as the 223nd AUL 31223J506 (after editing) according to a previous post. So I guess we are sister ships. Hi Sis
As Albin was not a big company compared to others that make sense to me :D
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
Tuxedo
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by Tuxedo »

Albin started the numbering process at 101, so that was the 123rd 31 built.
Tom
Albin Owner Emeritus

Return to “New Member Introductions”