• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rudder Removal & Update

Albin's "power cruisers"
DaveP

Rudder Removal & Update

Post by DaveP »

Could someone please describe the step by step process of removing the rudder on the Albin 25 (1970 model). I understand it is easy to do but I would like to hear from someone who has done it before attempting it myself.

My Albin 25 is back from Phoenix Fiberglass and the hull color sanding and bottom paint job came out great. I had the boat measured for the new Yanmar 3YM30 this past Friday and everything looks good as far as the fit. I am driving out to Costa Mesa, California on Wednesday to pick up the new engine. Shipping the engine from Costa Mesa to Phoenix would have cost between $400 and $500 and I can drive to Costa Mesa and back for half that, even with one night at a motel.

I'll try and post some pictures of the boat when I get back from California. Happy holidays to all and thank you for the great information you have provided to help me with this renovation.

For anyone interested the number of my Albin 25 is Ser. 2 No. 575.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”