• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member seeks transport advice

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Paulber

New Member seeks transport advice

Post by Paulber »

Hello All,
I am a new member to the group. I have owned a 28TE on San Francisco bay since 9/02 . I was thinking about shipping the boat to Vancouver WA to have it closer to my kids and grandson. Does anyone know a good boat hauler to transport my boat north?
Thanks in advance for any advice you can share.
Paul B
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: New Member seeks transport advice

Post by jcollins »

Good morning,
Others will jump in here to answer your question. I just wanted to welcome you to the group. That is a great idea and good luck with the transport.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New Member seeks transport advice

Post by Mariner »

Dudley Boat Transport is the carrier of choice on the west coast. They brought our boat up here from Vallejo for us.

http://www.dudleyboats.com/

I suggest you carefully consider the boating options in Vancouver vs. San Francisco before moving your boat. While the Columbia River is a 700 mile long system that takes you through some of the most beautiful landscape in the country, the best of that landscape is a considerable distance up the river. And, although it provides you access to the Pacific, that particular area is known as "The Graveyard of the Pacific". It is NOT an ideal cruising ground. The Bay Area provides much more diverse boating. That said, I have long wanted to explore the lower Columbia River, but will have to settle for doing so on my 18' Boston Whaler.

Return to “New Member Introductions”