• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Labor Day Weekend?

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Labor Day Weekend?

Post by jcollins »

I just can't miss another long weekend. Other than Friday night mentioned in my other post, will anyone be cruising in our area?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

Re: Labor Day Weekend?

Post by Butch »

Not this weekend but we did go by you 2 weeks ago heading to Cape May on a friend's boat, We stopped in Chesapeake City on the C&D Canal. John that is nice up there. We have never been North of Havre de Grace.
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by loubennett »

John, I'll be cruising over Labor Day weekend, but I'll be on my brother's boat. It's a Grand Alaskan 64 named Cork. We haven't determined our destinations yet, but if you see us, come over for a drink. I'm also taking the rest of the week off and will be cruising on Quest from Wednesday through Monday. I hope the transition from Cork to Quest is not to much of a shock to my system. I have an open agenda on Quest, so I could show up anywhere on the bay. I don't think I have spent any time in the Middle River area, at least not in a long time. If you have any suggestions of marinas with food and drink close by, let me know.If you or any of the Albin owners see me, stop by and say hello.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Butch,
Chesapeake City is a very nice area. Schaeffer's Canal House is one spot we have been to a couple of times. Very swift current through there can make getting into the fuel pier a nightmare. But, all-in-all a good destination. We have just cruised the C&D a few times. Never make the trip on the Delaware Bay against the tide. You will loose 4-6 knots.

Lou,
I'm like you this weekend. Don't know exactly where we are going, just going somewhere. Thinking of cruising the Wye or St. Michael's or heading north to Worton, Sassafras, or Still Pond.

Middle River has a few good restaurants. Wild Duck, Carson's Creek Side, Riverwatch, Parkside Marina and Restaurant, Sue Island Dock Bar (never been there).
If I was going to get a slip I would try the Parkside. Restaurant is right there and you can pickup the water taxi that will go anywhere on the river.
The Parkside is off Middle River on Frog Mortar Creek. Very calm. Middle River can get sloppy with all the boat traffic in and out but once you hit the 6 MPH marker it calms down. \

I'll keep an eye on for you!
John
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by loubennett »

John, we may pass each other. We will be leaving from St. Michaels on Friday and likely heading North. We will return to St. Michaels on Monday. Thanks for the info on Middle River. I may stop up there later next week on Quest. By the way, I had Andrew Hoyt (Dock Call) do some maintenance on my engine. Thanks for the recommendation. He really seems to be knowledgeable and easy to work with.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

So...last night was a typical run to Middle River and dinner at the Wild Duck. The new owners are really trying to keep the boaters coming in. They now have a guy that works the pier to get you in and out. There were so many boats, we had to raft up to another boat. By the time we finished dinner and listening to the band the guy we were rafted up with had left. The dock guy took care of everything from getting him out, tying us back up, and resetting my fenders. I only tipped him 5.00, yet he hung around and watched over Afterglow.
We left around 10:30, took our moonlight cruise and got back around 12:00. Beautiful night!

My hour meter is at 999.6.
John

Return to “Cruising”