• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

wood boom on 43' albin trawler, help

jakevr
Gold Member
Gold Member

wood boom on 43' albin trawler, help

Post by jakevr »

When i purchased my albin it was missing the wood boom that attached to the mast. aswell as the sail and rigging. first off does anyone know if there is any difference in size for the boom on the 36 or 43?

if you have an albin 43 or something that would have the simmilar boom I would like to get dimentions from you to have one remade.

thanks all!
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: wood boom on 43' albin trawler, help

Post by jleonard »

I have a 40 and a boom but the boat is wrapped up for winter. The boom is probably the same as yours. If you don't get answers from someone else let me know as I'll be going to check the boat sometime in the month or so and I could measure.
I have no sail or rigging and absolutely no plans to aquire any.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
jakevr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jakevr »

great thank you!
danskviking
Swabby
Swabby

Post by danskviking »

I Have a 43 and an alu boom. It is the length of the trunk. I welded up a new mast past summer from a section of a sailboat mast and raised the whole mast 4 feet and welded on radar platform etc. The old rolled wood mast was rotted out at the heel. The original gooseneck is a piece of junk and I trashed that and fabricated a new one which I welded onto the mast. The boom I wish at that time I had extended. I think I may weld on an extension of about 4 feet so it goes over the transom.

Hans BJ.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jleonard »

I know my boom is longer than the trunk. It extends "about" halfway over the cockpit/walkaround area.
Agreed the gooseneck ain't much to talk about, but I don't plan on adding a sail, or using the boom to lift freight aboard :lol: other than perhaps a dinghy or bike, or someone overboard. I think it its up to those taskes.
If that changes then I would not hesitate to go aluminum, but it will be shorter so I can get under 19 feet without dropping it to "half mast" position.
Formerly
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jleonard »

Measured the boom on sunday. 126 inches
Formerly
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
jakevr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jakevr »

Thanks a bunch! im going to get a piece of aluminum 3.5 od tubing and make it out of that. alot cheaper then wood.
R. D. Pukal
Mate
Mate

Post by R. D. Pukal »

Hi All,
What would the weight limit be with new lines?
Thanks.
Rich

Return to “36/37/40/43”