• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

rock fishing

Moderator: RobS

Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

rock fishing

Post by Butch »

friend of mine caught the limit(some 40 lbs) in just a couple of hours off the coast of Solomons Island. however the captain had 24 RODS OUT TROLLING. I AM SORRY BUT I THINK I AM FOR SOME LIMIT OF TROLLING RODS BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE ON BOARD. iT LOOKS LIKE WE MAY SEE THAT SOON, BASED ON WHAT I HAVE BEEN READING LATELY
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: rock fishing

Post by jcollins »

I was thinking about you guys as I drove over the bay bridge yesterday. There was so much fog I couldn't see the boats below.
I agree with your thoughts about so many rods. A friend of mine had 15 rods out with 2 guys onboard. He was bitching about other boats with planning boards. Of course, he had planning boards out too.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Re: rock fishing

Post by furball »

I was out Tuesday and Wednesday near the bridge, pea soup for the better part of both days. Tuesday was slow for us but Wednesday was better. A 38" and a couple of 28"s. Wednesday was the first time I've pulled planner boards, actually, one planner. Caught two on the board and 4 on boat rods. I was thinking about building a set of boards this winter and it was easier than I thought it would be. I have seen the discussions regarding C&R and boards. I think some limits are reasonable, problem is everyones "reasonable" is different. Guys pulling boards out 150+ feet seems a bit crazy to me, they get so far out from the boat you don't spot them, they're not in the same line of site. That I think is a problem. I can pull 2-6 rods with 2 of us on the boat. I'd like to see some limit, maybe 6-8 per boat or 2-3 per person with a maximum number. Those limits work for me but they also allow me to keep doing what I'm doing. Someone used to pulling 20 rods would not be so happy. As far as I know, the limits being discussed only apply to pre-season catch and release. Once the season opens, the sky is still the limit I guess.
I'm planning on pulling Wednesday for the winter, See everyone in the spring.
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP

Return to “Fishing”