• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Officially an Albin owner

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
sharffj
First Mate
First Mate

Officially an Albin owner

Post by sharffj »

After 3 years of looking and pondering I've finally purchase a 31 ' TE. The quest took me from the West Coast to New England, the Carolinas , and Florida. Thought I wanted a single with the 450 Cummins, but ended up with a 2004 with twin Yanmars from San Diego. The boat was clean and appeared in almost new condition. Has low hrs (350) on the engines and no real issues on the survey. Must admit with twins like the way it handles, and was surprised that I could access the engines about as easily as I could with the single 450 Cummins. No keel to protect my props so will have to be diligent when running.
As of yesterday the boat (name is Nancy J) arrived by truck in Portland, Or. and has been offloaded at the yard in Portland. Plan is to run it up the outside to Anacortes, WA. when we get a good weather window in April or May. Have moorage in Anacortes and will leave it there for the late spring and part of the summer. Then back down to the Columbia for offshore tuna and salmon. Can only keep an out of state boat in Washington for up to 6 months in a year.
Questions for those of you with Albins in colder climates. Boat is outfitted for warm weather with air conditioner, but likely needs cabin heater and also engine heater. What are recommedations for cabin heater - Espar Wallis etc and for engines also ??.
Jeff S
yhc
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Whittier, AK

Re: Officially an Albin owner

Post by yhc »

Congratulations sharffj! Exciting times.

I boat in Alaska and I have been using Espar cabin heaters w/o any problem in my other boat. The recent Albin boat I purchased has reversible A/C, heater but I have not used it yet so cannot make any recommendations about it as of yet.

Quick question for you...who did you use to transport your boat and how was your experience? My Albin is currently located in Northern California where she is getting outfitted w/ electronics, etc. Once she is outfitted I am planning to bring her to WA by either land or sea in March or April so my family and I can bring her up to Alaska through Inside Passage.

Regards,

yhc
sharffj
First Mate
First Mate

Post by sharffj »

I used Joule Transport. Was going to go with Dudley but they weren't available. No problem with the transport arrived on time and safely. Had road dirt but that can't be helped unless you shrink wrap the boat. Had to remove the rocket launchers and radar prior to leaving San Diego as the load was too tall. just today remounted the launchers and radar. Will replace the 8' antenna with a 16' Digital and will probably lift up the radar higher as well.
Plan to head up the inland passage to SE Alaska in 2011. Did the trip a couple of years ago and am excited to go back.

jeff s
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Welcome to the converted. Add another pin to the map. :D
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Congratulations on your New 31.. Ya gonna love her & it's always nice to have another 31 TE on the Forum.. :)
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Congratulations on the purchase! Post some pics.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
KathyN
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KathyN »

Welcome to the Albin Owners Group....and in particular, to the lucky owners of the 31 TE......we joined "the group" just in August of '09, and couldn't be happier! We bought ours in Florida, and while we knew it had air conditioning, we thought it probably didn't have heat; only after we tried the "heat" button did we ascertain that it did also have HEAT....as in a reverse cycle system. We had assumed that because it was a Florida boat from the beginning that it likely didn't have heat. So do check it!

Good boating!

KathyN

Return to “New Member Introductions”