• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Missing part

caseylynn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Missing part

Post by caseylynn »

During a recent stuffing box repack on my 36 trawler there seems to be a missing part. My understanding is there should be a compression spacer under the nut. This spacer will push the packing down in the fitting to obtain the proper seal. Anyone out there seen this type of stuffing box (fitting)? :?:
Boatmon

Re: Missing part

Post by Boatmon »

What year A36? ours is an 82, I can take a photo of the stuffing box and post it.
caseylynn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by caseylynn »

mine is a 1978. All the local marine repair people say they haven't seen one quite like mine.
Boatmon

Post by Boatmon »

I will take some photos of ours this weekend and post them for reference. A dear friend of ours also has a 78 A36, I can try to get photos of theirs as well.
Despacio
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Despacio »

I have a 1978 Albin 33. Here's a photo of the packing gland. I repacked it about 6 months ago.

Does this green thing look like your packing gland? How can I help?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
caseylynn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by caseylynn »

On my installation when you loosen the nut there should be a bronze hat shaped compression spacer which adjusts the packing down inside the fitting itself. I will try to get some photos

Return to “36/37/40/43”