• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Memorial Day Weekend aboard Joint Venture

Moderator: RobS

RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Memorial Day Weekend aboard Joint Venture

Post by RobS »

As we did in 2008, Erika and I headed out on TOY-RIFIC to Montauk for a long weekend to celebrate our anniversary, number 13.

As we approached Montauk Point we waved to John & Marcia on Joint Venture. We actually spotted 5 Albins on the water this weekend. Later that evening we walked to dinner and on the way we stopped by Snug Harbor and had a drink and snack with them and did some catching up. We ended up planning a day of fishing aboard Joint Venture the next day.

The morning Fluking was slow but Capt. Marcia was destined to bring home dinner and put us on the Sea Bass good in the afternoon.

The women of the pilothouse:
032.JPG
I got this lumphead of a 20inch sea bass that fought real nice, especially coming up from 65’ of water on fairly light tackle:
026.JPG
As we headed in Marcia ran Joint Venture through the famous Montauk rips, not an easy task with many many boats doing the same thing in a tight area, and there’s always a few that are cause for concern. John figured we try and troll up a striper on a parachute as we passed through, and we did:
037.JPG
039.JPG

He was an inch short so a quick picture and overboard he went. And to top of a perfect day, I even got to do one of my favorite hobbies, wash da boat. But don’t get jealous Ric, I did not wash the roof:
043.JPG
Thank You John & Marcia – see you in SX !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Memorial Day Weekend aboard Joint Venture

Post by jcollins »

Rob,
Washing the boat is fun isn't it? Anytime you would like to have even more fun come to Porter's marina, slip D-16. :lol:
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Fishing”