• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

So where did your Albin take you over the 4th?

Boatmon

So where did your Albin take you over the 4th?

Post by Boatmon »

We had our first real cruise last weekend; we left Holland on Thursday afternoon and went as far as White Lake. Then Friday morning we left for Pentwater, where we stayed friday and saturday night (great fireworks) Sunday morning we left for the return trip and it was four and a half hours in five footers on the nose and quartering the Stbd bow. (For those who know don't Lake Michigan, it's very unlike an ocean swell. it's a closely spaced steep chop.) Again Sunday night we stayed in White lake to take a break from the 20-25kt winds and to enjoy the sun. We left bright and early yesterday morning and made it home by early afternoon.

Over all the trip was great! the boat performed wonderfully, and the old Lehman just chugged along and couldn't have been better. The trip back could have been a little smoother, but where would the adventure be in that? The weather was great, the friends even better.
IMG_0560.JPG
IMG_0574.JPG
IMG_0563.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: So where did your Albin take you over the 4th?

Post by jleonard »

We cruised to Block Island, about 3 1/2 hours, and rafted with a friend's boat in the salt pond among the zoo there.
We had awsome weather, a little breezy but perfect to keep all the boats facing the same direction. Too much to eat, too much to drink, great friends, a perfect weekend.
IMG_0718.jpg
IMG_0720.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Daniel Bach
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Keyport, N. J.

Post by Daniel Bach »

We cruised the Hudson River from NYC upriver to Saugerties and return to homeport on Raritan Bay. Hot 100 deg. but a great time. The Hudson River is an awesume place to cruise. From 'Sweet Caroline', an Albin 36 classic
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jleonard »

The Hudson River is an awesume place to cruise.
Been on it 3 times and I agree it's nice. There are some nice holes to hook up in, some neat towns to dock in, the scenery is spectacular in many places.
Formerly
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
tomcat
First Mate
First Mate

Post by tomcat »

You folks need to continue North!! It only gets better! The only eyesoar you'll come across is the Port of Albany, for a mile or so. Head to Troy and dock at the town dock and hit Brown's Brewery for some eats and a cold "sodie". Head through the Federal Lock (no charge) and tie up for a couple of days (free of charge, 10 bucks a day after 48 hours) in Waterford. Then the decision...north or west... we're north and it's a beautiful run up through to Fort Edward where the man made canal starts to bring you to Champlain.
Tom Nolin
40'NSC
Bennington, Vermont
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jleonard »

You folks need to continue North!!
Been north on both the Champlain and Erie canals.
Will do some more perhaps next summer
Formerly
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

tomcat wrote:You folks need to continue North!! It only gets better! The only eyesoar you'll come across is the Port of Albany, for a mile or so. Head to Troy and dock at the town dock and hit Brown's Brewery for some eats and a cold "sodie". Head through the Federal Lock (no charge) and tie up for a couple of days (free of charge, 10 bucks a day after 48 hours) in Waterford. Then the decision...north or west... we're north and it's a beautiful run up through to Fort Edward where the man made canal starts to bring you to Champlain.
Funny that I hadn't given much thought to a trip up to Vermont, my wife is a VT girl and would have no objection I'm sure! Have to put that on the list to do soon. For the last three summers I've spent two weeks in Newburgh, living on the boat and commuting to my client nearby. May have to think about taking an additional week and heading north.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
tomcat
First Mate
First Mate

Post by tomcat »

When you get the urge, give me a shout. We're at the Schuyler Yacht Basin, mid way between Troy and Champlain. Where is your wife from?

Florida last week:)....Snow today:(
Tom Nolin
40'NSC
Bennington, Vermont
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

tomcat wrote:When you get the urge, give me a shout. We're at the Schuyler Yacht Basin, mid way between Troy and Champlain. Where is your wife from?

Florida last week:)....Snow today:(
Thanks Tom, I'll let you know if I think we'll be making the trip, get your advice on things to do and see on the way.

My wife grew up in Proctor and went to UVM. She doesn't always admit she was born in New Jersey! :)

Snow here today as well, but not much. I'm sitting on the boat writing this on my iPad, had to get one last visit in before they haul her later this week. The cold has arrived in force!
Doug
Sonny IV
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

DougSea wrote:..Snow here today as well, but not much...
Ditto here on LI yesterday
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
tomcat
First Mate
First Mate

Post by tomcat »

Is that a dusting on the fiberglass?!?! They had the plows out yesterday...all gone today.

My older brother drove a school bus in Proctor while he was attending St. Joe's in Rutland. We're talking mid to late '70's....a while ago!
Tom Nolin
40'NSC
Bennington, Vermont
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

tomcat wrote:Is that a dusting on the fiberglass?!?! They had the plows out yesterday...all gone today.

My older brother drove a school bus in Proctor while he was attending St. Joe's in Rutland. We're talking mid to late '70's....a while ago!
You know, he may well have driven her younger sisters to school! They were there then. Small world!
Doug
Sonny IV
tomcat
First Mate
First Mate

Post by tomcat »

Do you folks ever come up this way to visit?
Tom Nolin
40'NSC
Bennington, Vermont

Return to “36/37/40/43”