• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

MICROWAVE

poillon1

MICROWAVE

Post by poillon1 »

Has anyone found a microwave that is 9 7/8ths " max height? Seems that the manufacturers made them all 10.2 " and higher in 2010.
joe.baar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

Re: MICROWAVE

Post by joe.baar »

I've been looking for the past 3 years. Sony used to have something on their web site but I think it's been discontinued. Photos I've seen of the galley area appear to show a Samsung but I haven't found it anywhere yet. As I examine the rear of the MW cabinet it looks like the headliner needs to come out if any current microwave is to fit. Good luck, and let us all know if you come up with anything.
(former owners)
Joe Baar and Suzanne Lammers
1995 28TE "Liberty" 6LPA hull# 132
Ballard
poillon1

Post by poillon1 »

Emerson, Sharp and Haer all had a 9 5/8ths height until this year. For some reason, all the manufacturers seemed to have added a half inch. The Emerson floor model at Walmart and Target measures 9 5/8ths but the boxed items are larger. I am going to see if the store manager will sell me the floor model!! Sanyo MPN:EM-N107
is showing Exterior Depth:13.81 in.; Exterior Height:9.81 in;Exterior Width:18.19 in.
I just haven't found where I can get it yet.
mpel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mpel »

Last year I searched extensively for a drop-in replacement microwave but came up dry. I resorted to trimming about 3/8 inch from the top edge of the opening, and then had no problem finding a unit that fit from the local Walmart. A fine tooth hand saw and a little touch up sanding did the trick.

Mike
2009 28TE
poillon1

Post by poillon1 »

We got the Emerson 0.7 that measured 9 5/8ths on the display @ Walmart. We tapped the bottom feet and bottom back metal in a little and got it to fit! That wouldn't work with the 10.2 inch new models.
joe.baar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

Post by joe.baar »

Found what looks like a suitable replacement for the MW oven at Bed Bath and Beyond last Saturday. This is a Sanyo model EM-S2588B 800 watt for $59.99. The size given on the box is 17" wide x 9 3/4" high x 12 1/2" deep. I was in a big hurry and didn't verify these dimensions with a tape, but if they are close to correct this unit will fit into the original space above the stove. The only problem I can see is the headliner might be about 1/8" too low at the rear (outboard side) of the space, at least in our boat. There are several ways to address this, either by modifying the MW's feet or carcass or by doing something with the headliner. The 17" width should provide plenty of ventilation and the unit includes a turntable.
(former owners)
Joe Baar and Suzanne Lammers
1995 28TE "Liberty" 6LPA hull# 132
Ballard

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”