• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

35TE tank size

skye peak
Gold Member
Gold Member

35TE tank size

Post by skye peak »

Does anyone know the capacity of the three fuel tanks in a 35 Tournament Express?
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Home, Treasure Island, Florida

Re: 35TE tank size

Post by Chuck Waygood »

370gallons total of the three tanks, outboard tanks feeding into the center.
skye peak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skye peak »

thanks, do you know if they are all the same size? My guages is shot and I'm trying to find out if
I fill just one outboard tank can I deduce the remaining fuel in the other two tanks,
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Chuck Waygood »

Unfortunately, no, but the center tank looks slightly larger.
Halcyon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Halcyon »

Mine are pretty well hidden but Ill take a look this evening. Do either of you know which tank has the fuel guage sender? I really don't trust fuel guages and would like to be able to use a stick to determine fuel level. Any idea where an access hatch could be located? TD
skye peak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skye peak »

my fuel guage is in the center tank centered about 8 inches in from the fender locker . The boat is a 1999 35TE
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Chuck Waygood »

The prior owner of my 35 had inspection and clean out inlets put in the top of each tank with access hatches in the deck just above. Worked out fine and is useful for inspections and cleaning out the tanks (which is what he did). Upon my return to Florida in early December I will take some photos and send to you.
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Chuck Waygood »

Hoping I can upload two photos of my 35 TE Flybridge - "A-List" :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Chuck Waygood »

2d photo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Very nice Chuck! We're hoping there's a 35 like yours in our future. Since the photo posting is working I hope you'll post a few more!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Halcyon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Halcyon »

Chuck, I am very interested in seeing your access insallation. I was crawling around looking and found a fill return port about where skye peak discribes. I also made some rough measurements of the tanks. All three are 35 inches wide and appear to be 44 inches bow to stern. The center is 20" tall and the two side tanks taper from 18"tall outboard to 20"tall inboard.
skye peak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skye peak »

thanks for the tank measurements, so it sounds like they are about equal in capacity, at least close enough for my
estimating purposes.
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Chuck Waygood »

Photos as soon as I return to FL. By memory, the prior owner cut two hatches inthedeck, the right one a West Marine standard, about 10 x 20' giving access to the center and stbd tanks. Then standard fill plug, screw type was cut into the top of the tank. A smaller hatch was cut in above the center of the port tank and same fitting cut in the top of the tank. I imagine the purpose was to provide a means of pumping the tanks dry and cleaning them out. I understand he had experienced water in the fuel . Why is another story.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”