• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Replacing holding tank

bccanucker
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gibsons Marina, BC, Canada

Replacing holding tank

Post by bccanucker »

Has anyone replaced their holding tank in a 36 aft cabin?
I would apreaciate you commenting on what you did.
My existing tank is located under the engine room floor at the bow end of the engine room. It is made of fibreglass and looks original. To the rear of the tank is the sump box for the fore and aft showers. I was thinking of getting rid of it so I can make the new tank much larger
Roy Warner
Blue Heron
1988 36' Classic
Despacio
First Mate
First Mate

Re: Replacing holding tank

Post by Despacio »

My holding tank is plastic. I would put a much smaller shower sump under the forward head and definitely use that space.

One large tank might not go through the available opening, but a second tank is a great idea, and would be an easy thing to do.
jmatlaga
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jmatlaga »

Hi, I glassed in a tank in between the stringers that the engine is mounted on.I located it just aft of the fwd engineroom bulkhead. Capacity is a little less than 40 gals.Both heads to be plumbed into tank.I am only using the fwd head this season,plan on building aft head n winter/spring.So far so good, no leaks no smells!!!Hope this idea helped....Joe
seblyte
First Mate
First Mate

Post by seblyte »

Hi, I find the shower sump really useful but like you I removed the original holding tank and had a large custom made replacement. There is plenty of room at that end of the engine room.

Regards Sebastian

Return to “36/37/40/43”