• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

cockpit cushions below gunnels

dujazz4

cockpit cushions below gunnels

Post by dujazz4 »

Has anyone had to replace the pads/cushions that go around the cockput just under the gunnels? We're considering having someone make custom, but it would be cheaper/easier to buy. I can't find a site that has them for sale. Help....
Paul
Fogg~Dogg
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: cockpit cushions below gunnels

Post by Fogg~Dogg »

Try Bristol Cushions in Rhode Island. They seem to have made everything for Albin.
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

After cleaning my cushions with either purple power or something else it pretty muck destroyed the surface of the cushion... As suggested I called Bristol earlier this year and was promised a call back, never heard from them perhaps they were very busy. So I called my local canvass guy , he had them finished & deleiverd in about 4 weeks @ $250 for the set (on a 31te) using the existing foam core. Thought that was a great price. They were hooked up the same as originals
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

I had good luck contacting Bristol Cushions via email The contact was Oscar Delemos and his email is oscar_AT_bristolcushion.com. The phone number I have is (401) 247-4499. I replaced my bolsters this spring. I also changed from the fender washer mounting system to a track. I wish I had looked at photos here before I bought the track. I see some here with a metal track. Mine is plastic which is ok for now but I'm sure will not take the abuse of a metal one. Cost was somewhere around $500 for new bolsters, new foam (open celled for drainage and air flow) and the track system. I dropped off the old one's just for reference and had the new one's in two weeks.

While I was there, they were cutting vinyl for someone else. They had a very nice computer controlled cutting machine making short work of that job. It cutout several components with no waste in a minute or two.

It took a little over 3 hours to fill and drill new holes for the new track but it looks great.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
skye peak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skye peak »

I got a quote, took mine off to take to the "canvas man" and liked the way
it looked without them, so bought some plastic plugs at Lowes for the mounting
holes and think it is better without, after 1 year.
Halcyon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Halcyon »

I chose to remove the cockpit gunnel cushions from my 35 as well. I have the originals and am willing to part with them. They are in need of recovering, but include all the fastening hardware. If anyone can use them make me an offer.
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Age caught up with mine on my 32 so I replaced them with mahogany boards. Looks nice. Just need to remove & refinish every few years.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”