• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fuel Sender - Location 86 Albin 36

Great Lakes CK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ford Yacht Club

Fuel Sender - Location 86 Albin 36

Post by Great Lakes CK »

On the very long to-do list is, find out why the fuel gauge that doesn't move off of empty, and fix it naturally. I am thinking it will be worst possible repair, possibly the fuel sender, but will be pleasantly surprised if it is just a loose connection. Does any one know where the fuel sender is located? I looked briefly, and have seen wires coming from the top of the starboard tank at the rear, but haven't looked in there with a mirror yet. Any clues on where it is and tips on access will be appreciated.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Fuel Sender - Location 86 Albin 36

Post by jleonard »

On my 40 the sender is in the starboard tank. Those wires you see are most likely from the sender.
Replacing a sender is easy. Didn't replace on my Albin but did on my ex Mainship.
By the way I consider the fuel gage on my Albin to be accurate. I can "guess" how much fuel I need to top off within about 10%.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Great Lakes CK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ford Yacht Club

Post by Great Lakes CK »

Do you have any insight on how to access it? I'm thinking, the getting to it, is the trick, more so than the actual replacement. It probably involves cutting a hole in the floor under the settee...
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Mine is easily accessed via a hatch in the salon.
On my ex boat is was not so easy, but with a right angle screwdriver and some patience it was not really too bad. A good light and a mirror helped out.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “36/37/40/43”