• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

35 TE weight and distribution

Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Home, Treasure Island, Florida

35 TE weight and distribution

Post by Chuck Waygood »

Does anyone know the dry weight of a 35 TE flybridge? As to weight balance, A-List has a larger Norcold refrigerator at the aft of the cabin AND a stainless staircase instead of a ladder that adds considerable weight to the back end (not to mention the hardtop), so I would like to know others experience with the level of the stern in relation to the exhaust outlets. Are they above water at rest? Partially submerged? What about stern wave at various speeds? I show a light almost vertical spray immediately adjacent to the stern, maybe 6-8 inches in, at 16-17 knots that disappears at 20. Caused by weight distribution? I have noted in other posts that many owners have added forward bilge pumps in TE's, suggesting a bow down issue at rest. Were your exhaust outlets out of water? I am looking for the norm or best balance after removing 300 pounds of lead mistakenly added at commissioning to "compensate" for the weight of the staircase added by the original owner of my Albin. Thanks for any info you share.&
skye peak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 35 TE weight and distribution

Post by skye peak »

"exhaust outlets" plural, do you have a twin or single? My single floats withthe bottom of exhaust outlet 1/2" above the water.
Halcyon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Halcyon »

My 2003 Albin Brochure lists the 35 TE single engine at 16,000 lbs and 18,000 lbs with twins. Here is a picture of my (twin engine) boat just prior to sea trials. It was empty of presonal effects, dishes, linnens and had a half tank of fuel, AC but no gen set. Pretty well loaded for a cruise it still sits with an air gap in the top of the tab pockets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

I looked over the transom of Sonny IV when we fired up for the sea trial. Twins, about half fuel, no water, no generator (yet!), minimal gear and my 215lbs at the rear. Both exhausts were well clear of the water.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Home, Treasure Island, Florida

Post by Chuck Waygood »

Thanks guys. Guess that hardtop, 8 KW generator and 300 lb hardbody dinghy on davits weighs her down a little, even with the lead finally out. But it cruises beautifully at 20 knots. Cheers...

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”