• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Boat Lift for 28TE

Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Boat Lift for 28TE

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Hi All,

Its been a long time.

The old man and I are thinking about adding a boat lift to the dock for our 28TE. I have done a search at the AOG forum and found these, but their not too helpful.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3406&p=20269&hilit=boat+lift#p20269

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2703&p=16437&hilit=boat+lift#p16437

Questions:

1) Does anyone here have their 28 on a lift? If so can you tell me about it? The good the bad the ugly.

2) For you Long Islanders, even if you dont have you boat on a lift, can you recommend a company that sells/installs them? From my limited search there doesn't seem to be many options.

Thanks so much for the help. Have a great spring splash!
craw_daddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Key Largo, FL

Re: Boat Lift for 28TE

Post by craw_daddy »

I don't know about anything specific, but I would make sure the lift vendor knew about the bronze sea strainers & thru-hull transducers on the hull & could ensure the boat never rested on them while on the lift. Good luck with the lift!
2006 28te 'Grace Full'
Key Largo, FL
Al O Fish Us
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Punta Gorda, Florida

Post by Al O Fish Us »

We have Nauti Naita on a lift down here in sunny Florida. It is a 28 Albin Newport. The resting bars miss all the sea strainers. We also have an framed sun cover to keep the sun off during peak shine time. Works well and save the boat from sitting in the water and protects from the sun. We love it!
It is a 13,000 lb Boat US lift and cover is "Waterway"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Thanks for the responses folks. Al O Fish Us, is it possible to post a pic of your lift? Is it mounted on a bulkhead or do you have four stanchions anchoring the lift (two on both sides)?
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Nice looking set up, Thanks for the pic Al O Fish Us. My set up needs to be a little different, then entire load will be put on two poles and the bulkhead, The canal that we are on will not allow us to out two additional poles.
Yearwood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Yearwood »

We used Hi n Dry. Lousy local contractor who went out of business and I trust I contributed to his woes. Piling contractor was no better. Result was indents in the bottom of the hull from the longitudinals on the lift and sinking pilings. I had a fair amount of experience with these issues and the contractors all stated that they knew all about the location of thru hull fittings, the support of the hull, the needed length of the pilings. Long story short they did not.

Can only suggest using local contractors with references you know and some guarantee. They all run from a guarantee, but push with the barge being in the vicinity, etc. etc.
Don

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”