• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New member in Montreal

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
voyages
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St-Charles RIchelieu, Qc

New member in Montreal

Post by voyages »

Hello everyone, my wife and have just purchased an Albin 28TE in Newington,NH. It will be shipped to us on the south shore of Montreal on thursday. This boat is in an exceptional condition, we did visit 3 other boats on labour day week-end but none were anywhere near in the condition of this one. We will be fitting it with Walker strike view downriggers with underwater cameras, rocket launchers, a trolling valve and other fishing equipment.
The plan is to take it up the Ottawa river and then down the Rideau canal to Lake Ontario where we will use it for salmon fishing for the summer. Next september we will take her down through the thousand islands and down the St-Lawrence seaway back to Montreal.
Are we excited?
We really appreciate all the info on this board and will be spending many evenings going through all the topics.
keep on posting!
Denis
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: New member in Montreal

Post by jcollins »

You did say you would purchase by the end of September. Your right on schedule.

Congratulations!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Happy Boating and Congratutations.
whwells " Howard"
35TE Sportfisher Conv.
"Nibbles"
Kristo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vancouver

Post by Kristo »

Congratulations...........pics????
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Welcome back ... & welcome aboard. You'll have her home just in time to winterize & tinker all winter long. Check out the winterization thread in the maintenance Forum / sticky on top.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Voyager: Your comments are that Walker downriggers with heat sensors will be an addition to your new boat. My Albin came from Jack Pady Marine sales on the Georgina Bay. it is eqjuipped with 2 Walker down riggers with the heat sensors device and control box. I am told these are for "fresh water" fishing. The former owner used them for salmon fishing on the Bay. This boat was only in the water 4 months per year and stored in a heated warehouse the balance of the time. Everythng on it looks brand new. I generally use Cannon & in fact have 4 on my older boat and will keep the best two. I have no idea what these things are worth. Unless you want new - please feel free to make me an offer. Unless someone can tell me they work in salt water I will need to change them out. So far the reaction here has been - why fresh water down riiggers? They look great & I was excited about the heat sensor device, but I seem to be the only one who is here in the Pacific waters.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35TE Sportfisher/Conv.
"Nibbles"

Return to “New Member Introductions”