• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fall Cruise

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

Drew
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dataw Island, SC

Fall Cruise

Post by Drew »

We just completed a 640 mile, 2 week cruise on the ICW. Our destination was Beaufort, NC...starting just east of Beaufort, SC. We had stops in Charleston, Georgetown, and Southport along the way. With the exception of one day we had perfect weather for the full two weeks. The northern migration was light to moderate....mostly sailboats. We enjoyed the changing sights of the ICW from the marsh of the lowcountry to the cypress lined Wacamaw River, from the "rock pile" around Myrtle Beach to the large river houses of North Carolina. We spent three days in Southport and then three more days in Beaufort. Beaufort is a gem...marina along the downtown waterfront...alot of nice shops and restaurants. We slept on the boat the whole time and cooked dinner several nights. This was our longest trip so far....very enjoyable and we would do it again in a heartbeat. Mulligan Too ran superbly...we cruised around 15-16 knots when we were not in heavy sight seeing mode. We averaged 5.8 GPH and a little over 2 MPG. Fuel prices averaged $3.70 with the low of $3.40 at Osprey Marina just South of Myrtle Beach. A great two weeks for the two of us...a great way to decompress and get back to nature.
Mulligan Too
2004 Albin 28 TE
Dataw Island, SC
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Fall Cruise

Post by RobS »

Sounds great. Wow, that's an average of 45 miles per day.
My crew of four and the pup have done 10 and 11 day trips but usually only around the 200 mile total.
We do quite a bit of meals aboard too, really keeps the trips affordable.
I think my wife can cook Thanksgiving dinner in that little galley :lol:
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Drew
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dataw Island, SC

Re: Fall Cruise

Post by Drew »

We did 2 100 mile days which was our max. Total cost was about $175/ night....all in cost...fuel, dockage, food and misc. Pretty economical vacation.
Mulligan Too
2004 Albin 28 TE
Dataw Island, SC

Return to “Cruising”