• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Insurance coverage for Bahamas

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

Ben62
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Wilmington NC/Atlantic Beach NC

Insurance coverage for Bahamas

Post by Ben62 »

When searching for insurance coverage for an Albin 31 TE single Cummins, I have had trouble finding coverage for cruising in FlA and the Bahamas. (They will cover if twin engine) Does anyone have any suggestions of a supplemental policy that will cover cruising in these areas?

Thanks

Ben
Ben

31 TE
Chester B

Re: Insurance coverage for Bahamas

Post by Chester B »

We were having a terrible time finding full-time coverage for Florida and Bahamas and then stumbled across Seaworthy Insurance (a Warren Buffett company). They are very reasonable (much less than Boat US for example). You may have to go through your insurance broker but I would definitely check them out.
Ben62
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Wilmington NC/Atlantic Beach NC

Post by Ben62 »

Thanks Chester. I will check it out

Ben
Ben

31 TE
Doug
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Doug »

We had the same problem with Progressive for our 32+2 CB.
Switched to Boat US, which turned out to be no more expensive than Progressive and are now insured for the Bahamas.
Doug Fuller
St. Petersburg, FL

Return to “Cruising”