• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

NSC 40 steering issues

gspier
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, RI

NSC 40 steering issues

Post by gspier »

Just wondering if other NSC 40 have two pistons that control the steering?? I am having problem with a hydrolic leak, fixed the manifold and now one or both pistons are leaking. Instead of rebuilding both of Pistons, thinking of replacing with one large piston that controls both rudders. I had issue last week with the rudders being out of line!! One piston would not allow to get out of line.
Really makes docking the boat easy when rudders are not parallel!! :(
NSC 40 Kot'ij
JerseyNSC40
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mantoloking, NJ

Re: NSC 40 steering issues

Post by JerseyNSC40 »

Mine is one larger piston and a tie rod between the rudder posts, has been fine. I sent you a picture to your email address, hope this helps. I am not that familiar with the 2 piston set up?
Craig
AlbinNSC40
Craig
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Re: NSC 40 steering issues

Post by tbnolin »

I have 2 steering pistons that are controlled by 1 larger control arm behind the 2 pistons. I had a very small drip at one time on the port piston, but no longer.
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”