• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Don't ride your boat while it's on the sling

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Don't ride your boat while it's on the sling

Post by Mariner »

Still working on finding out the back story. The guys over at YachtForums have already done a pretty good job of verifying the pictures validity, even though one does, at first glance, appear to be a photochop.
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Saw the pic on another forum. I only rode the boat in slings at some height once, during the launch of my 27 off a freighter. Other times have been low rides in a travelift. Weird feeling. Unatural boat motion.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Can't see pics? Unauthorized referer.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

That is amazing! Wonder how it would have turned out if the remaining sling hadn't ripped the running gear straight out. Can you imagine being that guy in the stern? And I'm guessing the second guy in the 3rd picture was somewhere on the boat. Ouch! My boating "incidents" pale in comparison!!! (Thankfully!) :shock:
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

jcollins wrote:Can't see pics? Unauthorized referer.
Not sure. I simply copied the link from another website. It could be that you have to link from that website to see them. They show up on my computer because I've viewed them before, so I'm not sure. If anyone else can't see them, I can try rehosting them, but for now I'll leave it as-is.

Return to “General Discussion”