• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Frozen Seacock

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

gfuller
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Portland, ME

Re: Frozen Seacock

Post by gfuller »

Hi Matt,

I could not find a direct replacement for the seacock. I ended up getting one locally and re-mounting.
1999 Albin 28 TE Yanmar 6LP-STE
Pedro
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Groton Ct

Post by Pedro »

I have the dealer installed racor remote filter gauge and luckily that sucker never moves and I replace filters yearly as pm,,
robertwcass
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Diego

Post by robertwcass »

Nancy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:09 pm GF - does your seacock look like this?

macerator seacock-old1-050813-1600.JPG

This was our macerator seacock with the exact same problems as yours - stuck partially open, terrible access above that starboard stringer. We tried and tried to break it free, and ended up replacing it. It's a Buck Algonquin, and I'm sure I can dig out the replacement part number if you need it. Ours was corroded.

Oh, and now I see that you've posted again while I was typing this, and your handle broke off - exactly like ours did. Well, you're not alone if it makes you feel any better.
Hi Nancy! Did you ever find the replacement part number for this seacock? Thanks!

Return to “Albin Maintenance”