• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Planning the 6th Rendezvous - July 15-17

Coordinator:
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Anacortes, WA

Re: Planning the 6th Rendezvous - July 15-17

Post by Mike Almvig »

Do you and Alice plan to attend dinner at Nell Thorn? If so, here are my current numbers.

Dinner at Nell Thorn (Need 26 to keep the reservation) - 24
Number of boats - 10

So it looks like this may be coming together!

Mike
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by joreyn »

We are all set in the marina. Arriving a day early on the 14th Happy to help you with last minute details.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Mike Almvig »

I am planning on coming in on the 14th as well. I will move my boat from Anacortes to La Conner that afternoon. I think Dave is also.

We will be setting up for Bar-B-Que on the 15th. I don't have details on that yet. I need to check with the Marina to see how soon I can get it. I plan to have Dad cook salmon and whatever other goodies we find. There is a nice grill there.

My family will be brining in most supplies by car since we live so close. I will get more details on that as we get closer.

Still hoping to get 4-6 more confirmed for Nell Thorn. We are still short and it would be nice to have a good margin over to make sure we don't have problems with the reservation. July 16th is a popular day for them.

More to come....

Mike
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Mike: It is not now looking good for my attendance. Getting Sea Knoll the 36 Albin Trawler out of the NE is getting delayed at every step. Even at the best shipping date it will not arrive in Anacortes until the 15th or later. Pat is not going to come up when the boat will not even be back together.
I hope it is in the water by the 16th in my slip. If that is the case I will at least come down to the meet in the evening. The delay is all about getting the boat out of the NE where height is a major concern. We are working on a plan for right after the 4th. Nothing is going to move that is over height during the Holidays. The best hope now is 7th or 8th. For the first leg movement is only allowed Tue-Thur. Wish and pray for the best.
Howard
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

Post by coolchange »

What fun!! not!!!

But we all know boating is patience and flexible plans...best with all that.
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Mike: The boat schedule is looking even worse for the Rendezvous in LaConnor. It has to be moved from Portsmouth, RI to Clinton, Ct to get it out of the NW due to height. Lee the former owner will take it up the marina for shipment. There will be some preparation time plus whatever it takes for the hauler to get going west.
It now looks like the haul out won't happen something like the 16 or 17th of July. Starting to wonder if I will get anytime in the summer in the NW. Were it scheduled to be there shortly after the LaConnor event I would come up and get a motel just to see everyone and be there. However, if I have wait around for a week for the boat that will be impossible. Let's hope the hauler gets on the road quickly. This will make two year in a roll I have missed and that is upsetting to me. Last year we have the garage fire and things were a mess and this year a boat in RI?

Howard
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Mike Almvig »

I will probably run out to Nell Thorn this morning and let them know we will not meet the number they wanted. I will still see if they can host us....

If not, plan B, however I doubt they are going to turn away 22 people.

Sorry to hear about your challenges Howard. Seems everything always takes more than one expects.

Mike
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by joreyn »

We are meeting up with a couple for our trip north after the rendezvous. Shall I invite them? 2 people.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Joreyn: More the better. Sure hope things improve for my schedule. Howard
dennisspain
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seattle, Washington

Post by dennisspain »

Mike
My starter rebuild is ready! Is there any room for another 36 footer in the marina? Should I call them directly. I'm in for the dinner too.
Dennis
Journey
1982 36' DC
An endless restoration project
Olympia Washington
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Dennisspain: There is space reserved for my former 42. The replacement 36' will not get out west for the rendezvous. You should be able to take my place for moorage purposes as it is prepaid. Happy to hear you can make it up from Seattle.
whwells "Howard"
dennisspain
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seattle, Washington

Post by dennisspain »

Howard
Thank you! I'll have the marina reimburse you either immediately if I can or when I get there.
Dennis
Journey
1982 36' DC
An endless restoration project
Olympia Washington
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Mike Almvig »

I am working to confirm schedules, hopefully by tomorrow. We have a Salmon Bar-b-que on Friday night, then Nell Thorn booked for Saturday night.

Mike
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Mike Almvig »

Here is more information on the rendezvous

Thursday Evening - I am arriving in La Conner

Friday - 6PM
Salmon Bar-B-Que at the Bar-B-Que pit. We will provide Salmon, Garlic Bread, some salad and some soda. If everyone could bring a:

1) Your favorite lawn chair
2) A dish to share - Salad, favorite dish (Entrée), desert + utensils to dish food up.
3) I have a lot of soda, but if you have a favorite drink.....
4) I will have paper plates, cups, plastic forks, etc....

Saturday - Have fun!
Reservations 5PM at Nell Thorn. I will need to give them a count Saturday morning.

I will try to get on Wi-Fi at the marina so people can contact me... My cell - (360) 708-9664

Mike
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Mike Almvig »

I have Office 365 and worked very hard to collect email contact information that I have from most of you. Unfortunately, in the last upgrade, I think Microsoft wiped all of my contact data. I can't find the contacts folder.

I was going to email each of you the agenda I posted above. Sorry that email seems to have failed. I hope everyone is checking the forum!

See all of you in two days!

Mike

Return to “6th Annual PNW Rendezvous - 2016”