• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Planning the 6th Rendezvous - July 15-17

Coordinator:
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Planning the 6th Rendezvous - July 15-17

Post by dkircher »

Hi all,

A special thanks to those who joined us at the annual boat show dinner and social. We had a good turnout. For those of you unable to make it, we missed you!

The decision was made at the dinner to hold the annual rendezvous at La Conner from July 15-17, 2016. Mike A will confirm this once he has made reservations at the marina.

Since Mike is our coordinator, I expect he will provide the details on meals, activities and so on, once he has made reservations. I would be happy to help Mike. I believe that Howard is also prepared to help.

Wish Howard good luck selling his beautiful Sabre (check out the boat at http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2006/Sa ... ted-States) so he can once again be an Albin owner! I am sure he would appreciate you spreading the word that the boat is for sale.

Denise and I are looking forward to another successful rendezvous with a great bunch of Albin owners!
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

Re: Planning the 6th Rendezvous - July 15-17

Post by coolchange »

I'm guessing that time will come up FAST...time to start thinking about commis and launch..and getting a slip...and where to go after we leave La Conner..or where to be before we show up...so much to do...(and what fun).

( did talk with the LaConnor folks at the boat show and she said there is launch and parking for boats like ours..I don't remember the numbers but do recall that fees were reasonable)

PS..just went and looked at the Sabre....that is a beauty!....move some decimals around and lets talk :)
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Coolchange: Thank you for the kind thoughts. The boat is perfect with only 380 original hours. Were I closer it would not be the market. However, it is a major run to get up and back from No. Cal. Should not have sold my 35te Sportfisher as it fit my budget better and I did not feel so bad about its lack of use. The plan is to return to the Albin family. If it does not sell you can see it up close at LaConnor. It is now near you at Alexander Marine Seattle. It will be back in my covered slip in Anacortes in a couple weeks.
whwells "Howard"
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Anacortes, WA

Post by Mike Almvig »

I finally heard back from the marina. So......

As Dave stated our event will be July 15-17. We have the southern part of the marina currently reserved. Here is our agenda:

Friday Night the July 15th - Pot Luck at the Bar-B-Que pit. I plan to provide salmon. We are hoping to catch it before the event. Perhaps some other treats as well. We will ask everyone to bring something. We will plan more as we get closer.

Saturday Night the 16th - I have booked the Nell Thorne restaurant. We have members who highly recommend this place. I DO have to confirm at least 26 people three weeks before in order to hold the reservation. I am probably good for 6 of those. We are still looking for anyone that might want to tell us about their boating adventures or perhaps other FUN Albin stories. The slide show last year was a lot of fun!

So what I need.

1) We need a close approximation of number of boats and boat lengths as soon as we can put something together. The marina would like to know this in order to reserve our spots.
2) The marina needs a non-refundable deposit for the first night from each boat. To hold your spot, the earlier the better. We are penciled in for the dates, but without the deposit, they may let the slips go. They are asking $.80 per foot. That is not bad.
3) They would like it if one of us (probably me) acts as the point contact and collect the first night deposit and give them one check. I am willing to do this if I can get commitments from folks. The balance will be due on arrival to the marina. Of course, I would appreciate getting refunded as well.
4) We have the Bar-B-Que pit reserved for Friday night. It is a nice pit and covered. Folks will need to bring lawn chairs. I may have some fold tables that I can bring out to hold dishes. I will check on that.
5) A golf cart is available from the Marina to go into town to get groceries. The marina will also help us tie off as we arrive.
6) I need to know who is committed to dinner on the 16th! I need at least 26 of you. So I need another 19-20 to make it work.

Shower and Laundry are available at the top of the ramp.

You can either post your boat length and commitment here or PM me. I will confirm PM's to ensure we are communicating. I know sometimes these sites do weird things (or maybe it is just me).
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Mike: Flattery is back at Anacortes Marina as of this past Sunday. Will get up there Thursday afternoon late. Dave K. is coming up to the boat early Friday on the ferry. Are you available for local breakfast Friday AM. We may depending upon weather be out Friday afternoon returning to the dock Sat afternoon or early Sunday. Dave has to return Sun. AM so we maybe back in the slip Sat. afternoon. If weather is poor we won't get on the water. You maybe working Fri. AM and thus unavailable. You can reach me on the cell 530 400 2424 or send me a personal message on this site. Looking forward to meeting you. Will talk to you about the meet when I am there.
whwells "Howard"
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Mike Almvig »

I can do anytime Saturday or Sunday. Friday is out... yep I get to work.

Just name a time and place that works for you and I will be there if one of these days!!

Mike
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Sat. will work for Dave and I for breakfast. Call me 530 400 2424. I am on the way up to the boat. In Lacey, Wa tonight and Anacortes late Thur. afternoon.
Howard
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Mike Almvig »

OK... Going to set some deadlines here....

I need a commitment by end or March. Here is what I need.
- Boat Length
- Skipper Name
- Number of people going to Dinner at Nell Thorne on Saturday the 17th.

We have 10 committed for dinner right now and I need 26 to lock it in.

What I need by April 30th.

- A check to be paid to Mike Almvig for your boat length * $.80. I will give those funds to the marina to reserve your spot. I will also give you a receipt. If you want to send me a check, my address is 12798 Eagle Drive, Burlington, WA 98233.

If I don't get these things you are on your own to book and get a slip.

We are reserved for the Bar-B-Que on the 16th. I will be cooking Salmon and perhaps some other goodies. Each boat should bring a dish to contribute to the festivities. The grill will be hot for those of you that wish to have something else.

Can't wait to see all of you!
Mike
(360) 708-9664
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by coolchange »

Hi all....Tim and Jan Shea plan to attend this years meet up.

Dinner: Yes, for 2
Boat Slip: 27fc...27'x 9'6

We have a lot of balls in the air right now...selling one house, waiting for acceptance on another, just back from a 3 week cruise around Cape Horn (too rough to make the actual but did the Magellan and Beagle channels..fab. trip)..we actually sold our house from the airport in Miami then took a night flight to Santiago Chile.

Boat is in the pasture and ready to launch April 1 ...looking to fun!
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by joreyn »

John and Carol Reynolds are in for everything . 37 LOA, 13 beam.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

John and Carol Reynolds are in for everything . 37 LOA, 13 beam.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by coolchange »

Does that mean there are four of you and 2 boats? :)
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

We have multiple personality disorder. Only one boat though.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Mike Almvig »

Tim Shea, what is your boat name?

I have 5 boats as I count this committed. We are at 14 people for dinner (need 26).

- Amazing Adventure
- Flattery
- Drifter (my boat)
- Coolchange (Tim Shea)
- Blue Moon

Did I miss anyone? Still looking for commitments so I can tell the Marina where we are at the end of this month! Again, looking for:

- Skipper Name
- Boat Name
- Length (overall total length with anything out in front or back)
- Number of people for Saturday dinner (Need 26 committed by mid-June to hold reservation)

Dave and Howard, I put in our deposit and told them the three of us are planning on arriving Thursday the 14th of July. Let me know if that does NOT work for either of you, so I can let marina know.

Mike
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by coolchange »

Metanoia