• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Seafood Feast-I-Val, Cambridge, MD.

Know about or organizing a raft-up? Where, when?
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Seafood Feast-I-Val, Cambridge, MD.

Post by jcollins »

I'm going to the festival at Sailwinds park on Aug 9th. All you can eat seafood, local bands, and fun!
The admirals birthday is the 10th so this is a cruising gift for her. The Choptank is a very nice river to cruise.

Two questions:
1. Looking at Google Earth, there are at least two marinas bordering the property. Anyone know of them?

2. Anyone else want to meet-up for the day?

Click on the picture for a better view.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
StockHR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Marina

Post by StockHR »

John, at the end of High St. there is a new municipal marina with floating docks and within walking distance to the park. You could always stay at the Hyatt and take the trolly to the park.

Mike
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Can you still tie up for free behind the municipal building?
Did that a few years ago for a couple of nights during a 3 week Chesapeake cruise.
We also ended up as volunteer crew on the oyster boat (I forget the name the John something I think) that ties up near the mouth of the harbor and is tied in with the museum. They were taking pictures for the brochure and needed full crew to raise the sails, haul in the oyster trawls, run the boat, etc. I didn't have a red T shirt so I couldn't run the boat...yes I was the sail raiser and one of the trawl puller slaves...LOL
It was a nice time.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Thought I should update this thread. Plans have changed already. My sister lives in Denton and is having an anniversary party the same day. So, we are going to continue on the Choptank all the way into Denton. Any Albins are welcome to join us. We'll spend the night there and head home Sunday. I'm thinking a stopover on the Wye late Sunday morning.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Meet and Greet”