• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

AOG Fall Escape - Chesapeake

Know about or organizing a raft-up? Where, when?

Let's Pick a Date

Poll ended at Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:37 pm

Sept 4-6
17%
Sept 11-12
67%
Sept 18-19
No votes
Oct 2-3
No votes
Oct 9-10
17%
Oct 16-17 (Tilghman Day)
No votes

Total votes: 6

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

AOG Fall Escape - Chesapeake

Post by jcollins »

Escape for the weekend. I'm planning for the Hyatt in Cambridge, Maryland. The only question is when?
RECREATIONAL FACILITIES
• The Golf Club at River Marsh—an 18-hole championship golf course
designed by Keith Foster
• Four lighted tennis courts
• Fenced beach volleyball court
• Stillwater Spa, a 18,000-square-foot European health spa with a variety
of treatment rooms
• 150-slip marina with 1,100-foot pier, charter fishing, sailing, boat rentals
and cruises available
• 18-acre Heron Point Wildlife Refuge
• Outdoor pools with waterslide and year-round Wintergarden indoor pool pavilion
• Camp Hyatt® family activities
• Jogging / walking trails

http://www.chesapeakebay.hyatt.com
http://chesapeakebay.hyatt.com/hyatt/ho ... otoGallery
Last edited by jcollins on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: New Poll
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: AOG Fall Escape - Chesapeake

Post by Carl »

Maybe we can work it around this weekend? Its on the way to and from.

http://www.tilghmanmd.com/tilghmanday.htm
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Carl wrote:Maybe we can work it around this weekend? Its on the way to and from.

http://www.tilghmanmd.com/tilghmanday.htm
The winning vote in the Poll was Oct 9-10. I just added Oct 16-17 which would include Tilghman Day.

Vote again!
John
Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

Post by Butch »

I got it, we could have a fishing tournament on the 14th,Cambridge on the 15th(Guess everybody will be eating the fish that I caught) and Tilghman on the 16th!!
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Dang I'll miss this one too. I'll be on Tilghman Island Sep 11 & 12th at Severn Marine. Log canoe racing on the Miles that weekend. With some luck we will be out on a new Markley 46 watching that.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Veebyes2 wrote:Dang I'll miss this one too. I'll be on Tilghman Island Sep 11 & 12th at Severn Marine. Log canoe racing on the Miles that weekend. With some luck we will be out on a new Markley 46 watching that.
Tilghman day sounds like a great weekend. We almost made it last year. Bad weather if I recall. We have a wedding this year. Work schedules pretty much rule out October for me. You guys go! Get some good pictures of Butch and that HUGE fish that will feed everyone. :shock:

I'm sticking to my original vote of 11-12. We'll be there. Veebyes2, looks like we finally meet.
John
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Carl »

I dont think Butch could catch enough Spot for everybody to get full!!!
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Carl »

9/11 works well, thats our anniversary. My vote is in.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by loubennett »

Sept. 11/12 should work for me. I'll be anxious to get out on Quest after the Labor Day weekend cruise on my brother's big boat. Quest tested the trip to the Cambridge Hyatt this past weekend. Mitch (my son) took her there for an outing with his company.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Hyatt River Marsh Marina
100 Heron Boulevard
Cambridge MD 21613

To make reservations please call the Marina office at 410-901-6380 or the Hotel at 410-901-1234.

I made a reservation today for 09/11 - 09/13. I told them we are scouting a location for our rendezvous next year. Very accomodating folks. She mentioned to call them on the radio and mention Albin Owners Group when your coming into the marina. They will keep us all together. They do offer packages for groups of 10 or more. Something to think about for 2011.

http://www.hyatt.com/gallery/chesamarina/index.html
John
Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

Post by Butch »

Well I thought that I could snake out of a previous commitment in St Mikes, but that is not going to happen, but you guys going into the Choptank on Friday might look for a blue haul Albin( without the stripes and plenty of Chalk on the Blue) that is hauling in one of those large Rockfish. Have fun in Cambridge, somebody should have a dingy to go ashore that weekend. I hope the weather is perfect!!
Bluey
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: No Boat, No Port

Post by Bluey »

Dern. I'll be in Va Beach that weekend (change of watch, parade, hospitality rooms). Was hoping I could make the Escape and we could commiserate about docking at Kent Narrows. Hope y'all have fun, take lots of pix and share.
Maurice the Boatless
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

OK....U'm cumfoosed. Which weekend are y'all doing & where? If it is Sep 11/12 & at Cambridge we may be able to take a drive down after the Log Canoe races in St Mikes.

JC, were you planning to come to Tilghman by road or boat? If by boat I might be able to arrange something at Severn Marine in Knapps Narrows. They don't normally do short stay transients. Severn is a working boatyard, not a marina with all the facilities.

Besides hurricanes, right now I am watching American Airlines. It seems that they are talking STRIKE. Not good. Flights are booked.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Veebyes2 wrote:OK....U'm cumfoosed. Which weekend are y'all doing & where? If it is Sep 11/12 & at Cambridge we may be able to take a drive down after the Log Canoe races in St Mikes.

JC, were you planning to come to Tilghman by road or boat? If by boat I might be able to arrange something at Severn Marine in Knapps Narrows. They don't normally do short stay transients. Severn is a working boatyard, not a marina with all the facilities.

Besides hurricanes, right now I am watching American Airlines. It seems that they are talking STRIKE. Not good. Flights are booked.
11th and 12th at Cambridge. If we do make Tilghman it will be on the 10th. (Friday) I'll let you know. Hope to see you Saturday or Sunday?

John
John
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by loubennett »

I have my reservation and will arrive Saturday, 9/11. I plan on staying until Monday. Hope to see several of you there. My autopilot course computer is at Raymarine for repair and they have not yet given any return date. If it doesn't get back in time, I'll have to drive all the way. That gets to be a little bit of a pain on longer trips. John, you have said that Sharron shared the driving before you installed an autopilot. Now that you don't need her anymore, is she available to help drive Quest? :D
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis

Return to “Meet and Greet”